1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root One Click Root for Metro PCS

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by eversleyd, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Tokenpoke

Tokenpoke Android Expert
    None

Feb 10, 2011
    Male
    Arborist (tree man)
    Miami, FL
    Cydia impactor is a root method that implements the "master key" exploit. Roots most devices running up to android 2.3. No sketchy data theft or anything. I ran it with no internet connection too.

Advertisement

2. benslgdroid

benslgdroid rockstar
    None

May 18, 2011
    Male
    production assistant (pa), graphic artist
    Magrathea
    Awesome. But I did find out this works last night.

3. locknload1

locknload1 Newbie
    None

Mar 14, 2012
    Male
    Underwriter
    Los Angeles, CA
    I did the recent 10e update and still have root but I'm about to reset my phone for another reason and was wondering if anyone has had success with the cydia rooting tool after the 10e update was already in place?
    Thanks!

4. mathamp

mathamp Member
    None

Nov 19, 2009
    Male

Proof/source?

5. StanO360

StanO360 Member
    None

May 18, 2011
    The Kingo method was fairly painless, once I got the LG drivers all in order.

Worked without a hitch

6. danvdman

danvdman Lurker
    None

Jan 26, 2014
    Thanks for the link to the sight now my Freelander SZX-PDXO-03 is know rooted. I tried SOC 2.3.3 to root and it failed but this downloaded VROOT worked. Thanks again danvidman

7. jakman

jakman Newbie
    None

Dec 22, 2013
    Male
    Detroit, MI, USA
    I'm a new member with the PCS 769 handset. Haven't rooted yet. Your reply to this made me wonder about "system uninstaller" apps. Never heard of them. What do you recommend?

Thanks!!

8. jakman

jakman Newbie
    None

Dec 22, 2013
    Male
    Detroit, MI, USA
    Silly question perhaps...I've run the VROOT program v1.73 (eng ver) and it recognized my phone usb connection immediately and started to run. (I did NOT click the green button). It took a long time to connect but did finally and installed some software on my phone, rebooted the phone and started "connecting" again on the pc. After 20 minutes I quit the program while it was "attempting to connect". Again, there is some software installed on the LG but I couldn't tell you what it is because it's in chinese. Everything else seems unaffected. Am I rooted? Any further advice?

Thanks!

Further info...nandroid says im not rooted...I need help!!!

9. jakman

jakman Newbie
    None

Dec 22, 2013
    Male
    Detroit, MI, USA
    I'm trying to insure I have SuperSu as a system app and want to delete chinese SU after that. People keep using the word "Freezing" for the chinese SU app. What exactly does that mean since it doesn't appear on the phone anywhere? Obviously I am a newbie so your patience is appreciated.

Thanks!!

UPDATE...I now have my phone rooted and Titanium BU installed so now have an idea what "Freezing" is and how to accomplish. I have many other questions that I have posted here but this one is answered...

10. jakman

jakman Newbie
    None

Dec 22, 2013
    Male
    Detroit, MI, USA
    I'm trying to insure I have SuperSu as a system app and want to delete chinese SU after that. People keep using the word "Freezing" for the chinese SU app. What exactly does that mean since it doesn't appear on the phone anywhere?
    There IS a disable option for SuperSu but not for the chinese "RootMaster". Those options are Force Stop or Uninstall.

Obviously I am a newbie so your patience is appreciated.

Thanks!!

11. jakman

jakman Newbie
    None

Dec 22, 2013
    Male
    Detroit, MI, USA
    Token...I could really use some help here. T BU is installed. Not sure how to make SuperSU my preferred SU to replace the Chinese RootMaster. Can u advise? Thank you!!

12. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Extreme Android User
    None

Feb 21, 2012
    Male
    MECHANIC OBDII. NOS. FUEL INJECTION. Saving a Life
    Park Ave., HELL
    Hello and welcome to the forums. Can I ask a question about your super Su app . do u have the paid version or lite version

13. Swainsmith82

Swainsmith82 Android Expert
    None

Aug 10, 2012
    Male
    Life
    Texas
    All you have to do is download supersu from the playstore, open it, grant it super user permissions from the Chinese app, it will tell you to update the binary, select yes, then once updated test an app that requires superuser, if it asks for supersu permissions you're good. Then using titanium backup uninstall the Chinese su app.

14. jakman

jakman Newbie
    None

Dec 22, 2013
    Male
    Detroit, MI, USA
    @Brainz2013 I have the free version of SuperSU and also free version of TB. Am not able to "freeze" the chinese SU app as a result. I will upgrade.

15. jakman

jakman Newbie
    None

Dec 22, 2013
    Male
    Detroit, MI, USA
    @Swainsmith82 Thanks for your assistance I have read you are trying to move from this forum after buying a new phone so I appreciate your help (and the help of others). I opened Nandroid and I think the chinese SU asked me about permissions...not SuperSU. Don't have other apps requiring Superuser so not sure what else to do here. Have another app to suggest as another option? Also, every time I restart phone and start SuperSU it prompts me to update the binaries...should it ask to update everytime like this??

16. jakman

jakman Newbie
    None

Dec 22, 2013
    Male
    Detroit, MI, USA
    Brain...did u have something to add regarding free or paid versions of SuperSU?

17. SmileyKid

SmileyKid Lurker
    None

Oct 25, 2013
    DO NOT FREEZE THE CHINESE APP, DELETE IT!!

Once you get your new phone (or after factory reset) root via whatever method. If that Chinese root app is on your phone, go to the google play store and download SuperSU or the like. RUN it and grant it SuperUser permission VIA the Chinese app. THEN, delete that Chinese app. I DO NOT TRUST WHAT I CANNOT READ!

Have fun!

18. SmileyKid

SmileyKid Lurker
    None

Oct 25, 2013
    Sounds like the /system folder got deleted... I accidentally did this on my nexus 7 when I was super baked.. yeah yeah, never get baked and play with tech :p

19. 1foryou

1foryou Lurker
    None

Feb 13, 2014
    It did the job and rooted the phone

20. lt_700

lt_700 Lurker
    None

Mar 7, 2014
    Hi I just had to create an account to say that this still works. I used the original Chinese version and it worked fine but I didn't know the last button I had to press was to actually root it. If you're going to do the Chinese version, make sure when you connect your phone, that the type of connection it is on is LG mobile. if it's not on that connection it may not work. But why test it out and possibly screw something up? Also what I did was downloaded Superuser, SuperSU, and Root Checker before I started. So just put it on lg mobile and click the blue button and you'll see it start to work. then when you see a bunch of Chinese characters that says ROOT twice and it has a blue button at the bottom of it with a box next to it tick on, click that blue button. You're phone will restart and VOILA!:D:D:D I've been looking around for a long time on how to root this phone ever since I got it from Metro PCS last year and now the time is here. So if you have an LG Optimus L9 and want to root it, don't take my word for it. JUST DO IT! *please dont sue me Nike*

21. waveriderhawaii

None

Mar 8, 2014
    Do I have to have a Google account to update SU? I am coming from iPhone and was tethered to iTunes, iThis, and iThat. I don't want to have to be tethered to iGoogle, if ya know what I mean. If if does need a Google account, is there anyway I can do it w/o one? Thanks.

22. BRAINZ2013

None

Feb 21, 2012
    Male
    Park Ave., HELL
    Hello and welcome to the forums

Yes the Google account will provide you with the Su app from the Google play store . now you can flash a zip with Su app . but you will need to log into the play store for the update to the Su app.

waveriderhawaii likes this.
  23. waveriderhawaii

None

Mar 8, 2014
    Well I gave in and got a Google account. Installed the latest English version that is in reality barely even Engrish. Installed Supersu, updated it, uninstalled the Chinese app, and all is well. Thanks for the thread and all the tips from everyone.

24. BRAINZ2013

None

Feb 21, 2012
    Male
    Park Ave., HELL
    I think supersu is better and glade u are working . and also glad u chosen the supersu any more problems feel free to post back for help.

25. McLovin71

McLovin71 Newbie
    None

Apr 18, 2011
    Mom, Organizer, Writer, Publisher, Singer & Underc
    St. Petersburg, Florida
    Does this method unlock the bootloader? Also, will it work with the Metro Update 20e?

Has anyone had any issues with this method since November 2013?