• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root one click root not working.

ironhorse

Android Enthusiast
Sep 10, 2010
I am trying to install the 1click root but it is not working. It shows my phone connected but then restarts the phone to make sure the push will work. When my phone restarts it tries to push everything during the restart and of course it does not show my phone connected anymore. Whats going on?

I am trying to install the 1click root but it is not working. It shows my phone connected but then restarts the phone to make sure the push will work. When my phone restarts it tries to push everything during the restart and of course it does not show my phone connected anymore. Whats going on?

you're sure it didnt work? like theres no superuser icon in the app drawer?

if not, then just try it again, for some people it took 2, even 3 times to be successful

edit: just for clarification though, this was your first attempt to root a stock phone and usb-debugging was enabled?

Upvote 0
you're sure it didnt work? like theres no superuser icon in the app drawer?

if not, then just try it again, for some people it took 2, even 3 times to be successful

edit: just for clarification though, this was your first attempt to root a stock phone and usb-debugging was enabled?

I have tried about 5 times. Yes usb debugging was enabled. No superuser app in app drawer. It tries to push while the phone is rebooting. The whole process only takes about 10 sec and the phone reboots and tryes to transfer all the data while the phone is rebooting.

Upvote 0
I have tried about 5 times. Yes usb debugging was enabled. No superuser app in app drawer. It tries to push while the phone is rebooting. The whole process only takes about 10 sec and the phone reboots and tryes to transfer all the data while the phone is rebooting.

hmmm. i would re download the drivers and root stuff, reinstall and try again. Im assuming again that this was a stock phone to start with.

Upvote 0
I have downloaded drivers again and tried again. Here is what it is doing.
* Dirrk's EZ Root v0.2 (Sebastien Krahmers Exploit) *
* Testing if your device is connected
* daemon not running. starting it now *
* daemon started successfully *
List of devices attached
I500aa1f5c9c device

* If you are NOT connected please follow these directions
* Install the correct drivers
* Turn On Debugging
* Check usb port, cable and phone

* Then rerun this application

Press any key to continue . . .
* Pushing the files to your phone
* rage.bin, busybox, Superuser.apk, su, com.sh
239 KB/s (0 bytes in 1867568.007s)
73 KB/s (0 bytes in 26264.000s)
277 KB/s (0 bytes in 196521.000s)
17 KB/s (0 bytes in 5392.000s)
3 KB/s (0 bytes in 281.000s)
* Restarting your phone to ensure the exploit will work
* When your phone comes back on please unlock it if it is locked and then
* wait
* About to exploit your device
* This will take about 3 minutes
* If it doesn't respond after waiting 5 minutes then it probably failed,
* so you should close this and run again
* Start Time: 12:03:35.94

error: device not found
** Successfully exploited, installing permanent root files and deleting temp fil
es
* Restarting your phone now.
* Complete

There is no delay from the time it restarts the phone the first time to when it tries to exploit. so of course the phone is not on when it is trying to do this.

Upvote 0
I have downloaded drivers again and tried again. Here is what it is doing.
* Dirrk's EZ Root v0.2 (Sebastien Krahmers Exploit) *
* Testing if your device is connected
* daemon not running. starting it now *
* daemon started successfully *
List of devices attached
I500aa1f5c9c device

* If you are NOT connected please follow these directions
* Install the correct drivers
* Turn On Debugging
* Check usb port, cable and phone

* Then rerun this application

* Pushing the files to your phone
* rage.bin, busybox, Superuser.apk, su, com.sh
239 KB/s (0 bytes in 1867568.007s)
73 KB/s (0 bytes in 26264.000s)
277 KB/s (0 bytes in 196521.000s)
17 KB/s (0 bytes in 5392.000s)
3 KB/s (0 bytes in 281.000s)
* Restarting your phone to ensure the exploit will work
* When your phone comes back on please unlock it if it is locked and then
* wait
* About to exploit your device
* This will take about 3 minutes
* If it doesn't respond after waiting 5 minutes then it probably failed,
* so you should close this and run again
* Start Time: 12:03:35.94

** Successfully exploited, installing permanent root files and deleting temp fil
es
* Restarting your phone now.
* Complete

There is no delay from the time it restarts the phone the first time to when it tries to exploit. so of course the phone is not on when it is trying to do this.

Ive seen this multiple times on multiple devices. Its because you have the OTA DI01 update. And contrary to what people may think, the DI01 update just doesn't play nice with 1 click root. Most people don't notice since they did it through ADB. But this issue has happened to me on 2 different phones. Only solution is to ODIN back to DH12 and then try again. Should work without a hitch.

Upvote 0
Ive seen this multiple times on multiple devices. Its because you have the OTA DI01 update. And contrary to what people may think, the DI01 update just doesn't play nice with 1 click root. Most people don't notice since they did it through ADB. But this issue has happened to me on 2 different phones. Only solution is to ODIN back to DH12 and then try again. Should work without a hitch.
How do I do that? I'm having the same problem

Upvote 0
Download SDK and use ADB to root your phone. If you can't root though ADB you probally shouldn't be rooting your phone in the first place and more and more problems will start to pile up.

Since its the holiday season, I can use a Christmas analogy :) its like buying a bunch of ornamants for your Christmas and being ready to hang them, but you don't have a tree yet. Have a solid base before you start getting festive. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones