• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ***ONE CLICK ROOT on dl09*** CONFIRMED WORKING

neotrixy

Jan 13, 2011
This is a single consolidated posting from my other thread. It has programs and scripts written by others, information provided by others, and solutions I have developed and/or discovered myself.

If you feel like you are far from a novice and believe you already have the proper files or are going to skim to the main parts, the main rooting process will start with So here we go: so you can easily spot it and skip straight to it.

Here it is: WORKING dl09 one click rooting method

The original problem: Our phones take longer to boot up from a restart than they did before; from either (some say) dl09 and/or from apps and mods we have installed.

The solution: Adjusting the amount of pause in the script of the one click root.

The process:

Step 1: Download the one click root software

Right click on the .zip file and extract it to a new folder

Step 2: Set your phone into USB Debugging mode

• Go to Main Menu
  • Click Settings
  • Click Applications
  • Click Development
  • Make sure that USB Debugging is turned on (Check mark is green to right of it)
  • Plug in your USB cord to your phone and other in to PC

Step 3: Rooting your phone

• First, EDIT the START_ROOT.bat file; to do this, simply right click and hit edit
  • It should open up a notepad editor
  • Now look down the script (meaning all the text you see) and find the second "call PMSLEEP 60" (it won't have the " " around it)
  • What this is is the amount of time the program pauses/waits for your phone to reset and then reload all of your programs at start up. Obviously this varies from phone to phone.
  • I have a ton of crap on my phone and no mods done to speed it up so I needed to increase the amount of time greatly. The number you put in is the amount of time in seconds, so 60 is one minute, 120, is two minutes, and so on.
  • I put in 240 just to be safe, so I would have time to change things if I needed. Worst thing that could happen is that you have to sit there for an extra minute or two.
  • Now look down to the next "call PMSLEEP" and change the number to (for example) 180 for three minutes. It should look like "call PMSLEEP 180" without the " " obviously.
  • This is the amount of time the program waits before it ACTUALLY DOES THE EXPLOIT.
  • Now save the file and close out

Now we actually run the program. I want to point out that I have had numerous others say they had the exact same experience that I did, but a few have told me they didn't. So the steps that I am about to tell you maybe overkill (meaning unnecessary) for some, but regardless, they won't hurt anything if you didn't need to do them otherwise.

So here we go:

• With your phone in Debug mode and attached AND recognized by your computer, right click on "START_ROOT.bat" and click "Run as Administrator"
  • It should find and recognize your i500 phone
  • Simply click a button to start the process
  • Once it pushes (transfers) the necessary files to your phone, it will restart your phone
  • Now this is the problematic part that a lot of people were experiencing: After the reboot here, the phone lost its connection with the computer, even though it gave no indication it did. So to fix this, once your phone has fully restarted and loaded up, unplug the usb cable from your phone, go back to the USB Debugging setting, UNCHECK IT, now CHECK IT again. It will pop up with a notice message, click ok. Now plug your phone back in.
  • And now if you still have time to spare (which a lot of people will) just sit back a wait for the program to continue. Some people have said that if there phone goes to the lock from inactivity, the root program won't continue and will error out. So if you want to be safe, just push on the screen and move it around every 30 seconds or so to keep it from locking, but don't load up programs or anything else that could interfere. Once it does, IT WILL THEN ROOT YOUR PHONE.
  • The program should say it was successful and hit any button to continue (which will just close it out).
  • Now open up root explorer (I'm assuming everyone already has this app on there phone, if not get it from the market or "other" places ;) ) and make sure you have access to your root files. If you don't, it will pop up with a message saying so. But, if you did everything correctly, you should have no problem at all!)

And voila... Your OTA dl09 SF is now once again, or for some for the first time, ROOTED with the easiest possible method!!!

A huge thanks goes out to everyone who contributed with information, coding, and sharing knowledge to allow us to hack our phones so easily. The only thing I did was seek out the know how from countless sources, compile, and share the solutions I discovered on my own using other people's software and knowledge. So if you want to thank me for that, please click a thanks for me, but I by no means take credit for anyone else's hardwork.

I am new to the rooting so please be patient with me thanks

I did all the steps correctly and it seems it did not work Any help?

I was rooted with z4root before(i know that aint the best way to go about that)

It seems that when the updated was pushed to my phone it didn't remove the root completely and the SU apk file was still their. now i cannot seem to root it back.

is their someway to completely remove the root so i can start from scratch?

any help will be greatly appreciated

Reactions: GrammieDroid
Upvote 0
I am new to the rooting so please be patient with me thanks

I did all the steps correctly and it seems it did not work Any help?

I was rooted with z4root before(i know that aint the best way to go about that)

It seems that when the updated was pushed to my phone it didn't remove the root completely and the SU apk file was still their. now i cannot seem to root it back.

is their someway to completely remove the root so i can start from scratch?

any help will be greatly appreciated

i had the same issue
what i had to do was manual root until i got to the # prompt then did this
(cant remember wher ei found it)

su
mount -t rfs -o remount,rw /dev/block/stl9 /system
rm /sdcard/Superuser.apk
rm system/xbin/busybox
rm /system/xbin/su
rm system/bin/busybox
rm /system/bin/su
rm /sdcard/su
rm /sdcard/busybox
mount -t rfs -o remount,ro /dev/block/stl9 /system
exit (first "exit" takes you out of su)
exit (second "exit" takes you out of the terminal)
reboot
then rerooted manual method , and seems to be working now

Upvote 0
I thought I was going to have luck with this post but when I right-clicked START_ROOT and ran as administrator this is what came up in the C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe. Keep in mind I am a newbie and have been trying to read every post that I can to help me out (about 5 hours so far) and I can not figure this out. PLEASE HELP lol

* Dirrk's EZ Root v0.2 (Sebastien Krahmers Exploit) *
* Testing if your device is connected
* daemon not running. starting it now *
* daemon started successfully *
List of devices attached
* If you are NOT connected please follow these directions
* Install the correct drivers
* Turn On Debugging
* Check usb port, cable and phone
* Then rerun this application
Press any key to continue . . .

Upvote 0
I thought I was going to have luck with this post but when I right-clicked START_ROOT and ran as administrator this is what came up in the C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe. Keep in mind I am a newbie and have been trying to read every post that I can to help me out (about 5 hours so far) and I can not figure this out. PLEASE HELP lol

List of devices attached
* Turn On Debugging

Do you have the sammy drivers installed and usb debugging turned on?

Upvote 0

List of devices attached
* Turn On Debugging

Its not finding your phone attached. So most likely culprit is you either don't have the drivers for your phone installed on your phone or your debugging isn't turned on on your phone.

When you plug your phone into your computer, you should hear a beep beep as it recognizes it. And it should say in the bottom right corner by your clock/tool bar, samsung blah blah blah recognized or something to that effect.

Upvote 0
List of devices attached

It should say something like i500 Samsung directly under "List of devices attached." The fact that it only shows * there instead, that means it isn't recognizing your phone.

Upvote 0
I've been trying to root my phone for 2 days now. I'm not extrelmely computer savvy....but I think I know enough to do this.

I downloaded drivers and root file. I had downloaded it yesterday too. I wanted to start all over, however I cannot delete the root file? It won't allow me to. So I thought I could just re download it and replace it....nope, now its asking for a password.....

any help would be great

thanks

Upvote 0
ONE CLICK ROOT on dl09*** CONFIRMED WORKING

i followed all instructions and here is a paste of what it says

List of devices attached
I50012e5c973 device
* Turn On Debugging
* Pushing the files to your phone
* rage.bin, busybox, Superuser.apk, su, com.sh
794 KB/s (0 bytes in 1867568.002s)
91 KB/s (0 bytes in 26264.000s)
1116 KB/s (0 bytes in 196521.000s)
84 KB/s (0 bytes in 5392.000s)
8 KB/s (0 bytes in 281.000s)
* Restarting your phone to ensure the exploit will work
* When your phone comes back on please unlock it if it is locked and then
* wait
* About to exploit your device
* This will take about 3 minutes
* If it doesn't respond after waiting 5 minutes then it probably failed,
* so you should close this and run again
* Start Time: 14:51:48.64
** Successfully exploited, installing permanent root files and deleting temp fil
es
mount: Operation not permitted
/data/local/tmp/com.sh: cannot create /system/xbin/su: read-only file system
/data/local/tmp/com.sh: cannot create /system/xbin/busybox: read-only file syste
m
/data/local/tmp/com.sh: cannot create /system/app/Superuser.apk: read-only file
system
Unable to chmod /system/xbin/su: No such file or directory
Unable to chmod /system/xbin/busybox: No such file or directory
* Restarting your phone now.
* Complete

Please help!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones