• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root One click root

Reactions: Cilraaz
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
That's cool and all, but doing it from a computer is much easier and allows for more room for error. While doing it on the computer, all you have to do is copy and paste the commands. Much easier than typing them individual into terminal emulator.

I disagree. I tried doing it with the PC and couldn't get adb to work even after putting it in my path, the adb.exe wasn't there.

Moving the 4 files to the Droid's SDcard and running a few simple commands was much easier. Then again, I'm a Unix guy, I love the command line.

Upvote 0
That is true. I could download droid2root.rar to my computer. Unzip the file then send the 4 files to my email. Open the email on my Droid2 and save the 4 files to my sdcard. Do I need to change the location of these files after I download them to the Droid2?

Yes to follow the instructions exactly. By default when you save files from email they go into the messaging folder. You want them on the root of the SDcard.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones