• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root One click Root!

Status
Not open for further replies.
uummm wait how do you know if you got bricked?

your phone won't work if it's bricked. If you get to the samsung screen and it just sits there usually a factory reset will fix it.

Turn off the phone. Then hold the power button, volume up and the camera button until it boots. In the recovery mode use the volume keys to navigate to factory reset and the camera key to select it.

Upvote 0
you need to click on the batch file, it will open a cmd prompt, ie dos box
You do not need to do so manually.

the batch file I mean is called PrevailToExistence

when i run kms it says adb.exe is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. ???? what do i do to root?

when i run kms it says adb.exe is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. ???? what do i do to root?[/QUOT

Follow the instructions 2 a T . Turn on USB debugging , unmount Sd card , etc . . You may even need to reboot your phone and click the BATCH file (PrevailToExistance) as soon as you see the SAMSUNG logo . I had to do that before mine would root . Be careful and don't BRICK your phone ! :)
Don't know if you got it sorted but here is a link that has pictures, should help
Official Q&A: Hands on with Samsung Galaxy Prevail - Page 29

Upvote 0
I keep getting "error: device not found". Ive read through this entire thread and tried everything but nothing seems to work. I've rooted four differnt model android phones and never have i had such difficulty. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Did you install the Samsung drivers from the site here? Its a rather lengthy install and isn't the auto detect install that windows does..

Also is the phone in debugger with the SD card unmounted and pulled?

Upvote 0
Did you install the Samsung drivers from the site here? Its a rather lengthy install and isn't the auto detect install that windows does..

Also is the phone in debugger with the SD card unmounted and pulled?

Yes I did all of those things. I even unistalled the drivers and redownloaded them and installed again. I tired it with it unmounted and with the card completely removed. I think i need to do a factory reset on the device. Its the only thing thats been mentioned, that i havent tried. is it a problem if the debugger icon is not displayed in the notification bar? Also, is this method a standalone method, by which i mean is everything that is needed included in the zip? I dont have to install SDK with this method, right?

Upvote 0
Yes I did all of those things. I even unistalled the drivers and redownloaded them and installed again. I tired it with it unmounted and with the card completely removed. I think i need to do a factory reset on the device. Its the only thing thats been mentioned, that i havent tried. is it a problem if the debugger icon is not displayed in the notification bar? Also, is this method a standalone method, by which i mean is everything that is needed included in the zip? I dont have to install SDK with this method, right?
If the debug icon is not shown it is not on.
Far as I know. No for this you do not need the sdk. when you double click the PrevailToEx you will have a cmd prompt open up and adb will work from there.

Upvote 0
Get the Latest Android Market Before the Official Update Rolls Out

Google's rolling out an all-new, easy-to-browse, book-and-movie-clad Android Market over the next few weeks, but if you're impatient you can grab it for your phone right now.
If you want the official update, you'll have to wait until it rolls out for your device, but rooted users and impatient users can grab the leaked APK and install it on their phone just like any other app. Make sure you have the "Unknown Sources" box checked in Settings > Applications, and then just grab it from this MediaFire link. Transfer it to your phone and start it up, and it'll install itself over the old Market. You'll be able to access all the new features right now.

Upvote 0
I downloaded and installed drivers. I unmount and remove sd card. I enable usb debugging, when I connect to computer the red icon shows up in status bar.I click on prevailtoexistence and command prompt pops up. says that I need to unlock phone and remove sd card. and there's an "error: device not found". Tells me next to turn usb debugging then after daemon starts i get another msg "cannot find C:\Documents and Settings\hate\My Documents\Unzipped\KMS-3.0\KMS-3.0\KMS\fail.bin. what should i do?

Upvote 0
I downloaded and installed drivers. I unmount and remove sd card. I enable usb debugging, when I connect to computer the red icon shows up in status bar.I click on prevailtoexistence and command prompt pops up. says that I need to unlock phone and remove sd card. and there's an "error: device not found". Tells me next to turn usb debugging then after daemon starts i get another msg "cannot find C:\Documents and Settings\hate\My Documents\Unzipped\KMS-3.0\KMS-3.0\KMS\fail.bin. what should i do?
did you unzip everything in the zipfile before trying to flash?

Upvote 0
Yes I unzipped everything. I even downloaded it again in case the last zip had been corrupted in some way. I got the same exact errors I mentioned in last post. I checked the filepath and everything is correct except there is no fail.bin in folder.
Oh and I downloaded the usb drivers again. Uninstalled and re installed them.

Upvote 0
My issues with the root script and the safe modem update script was the timing while waiting for phone. When I ran script commands via command prompt line by line manually it works perfect on my pc (win 7 ulti 32). From what I see (idk if its been changed recently in the script) it just uses a ping to 127.0.0.1 for delay. Make the delay longer and more people will have better success.

Upvote 0
I had issues rooting at first... for other people having issues, here is what I had to do...

1: Completely remove SD card.
2: Set in Development section to stay awake.
3: Set to Airplane Mode.
4: Restart phone.
5: Wait for ALL widgets that may be enabled to load BEFORE running BAT file.
6: Run BAT File... Success

I had to enable USB Debugging , remove SD card , turn phone off , turn phone on and click the "PrevailToExistence" Batch file as soon as I saw the Samsung logo appear . Only way it would work 4 me . :D

Upvote 0
I want to unroot my galaxy prevail but i cant???..And i erase an app from the system does any one know how to restore the factory files i tryed the volume up and power and the menu it did pop out but when i erase everything and rebooted again the apps whern't there??? Or is there a sofware that i can get from samsung to do a whole reset of everything???? anyone???? i dont know how this forums work but in case i dont receive answers from here please email me panchito@amorous.com

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones