• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root One click Root!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't make root work until I followed the file modification instructions in TNightshade's post above. I've attached a new KMS folder zipped up with the files already modified to work on the newer Prevail.

Thanks for the modified files, saved some time. This worked great, Had been having trouble on my win7 64bit OS, first time with these mods and it is now rooted

Upvote 0
Thanks for the new files....it worked first time!!

Where on gods green earth do i put the killingmesoftly file at on my computer after i extract it cause it really start to piss me off....:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Further more if any body have time could they guide me through the entire process, cuz something is very wrong here, i cant even get my computer to acknowledge my device, yes i installed the USB Driver on my pc, yes downloaded the kms files, the new , the old, and the Oct.11, still the same S to me,yes i extracted it as i was i was told, and yes i went to prevailtoexistence.bat and what happened in there? apparently im missing my killingmesoftly file on the cpu, but i believe its two things holding me back from rooting it, killlingmesoftly file and my computer not acknowledging my phone, please help me someone!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
Where on gods green earth do i put the killingmesoftly file at on my computer after i extract it cause it really start to piss me off....:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Further more if any body have time could they guide me through the entire process, cuz something is very wrong here, i cant even get my computer to acknowledge my device, yes i installed the USB Driver on my pc, yes downloaded the kms files, the new , the old, and the Oct.11, still the same S to me,yes i extracted it as i was i was told, and yes i went to prevailtoexistence.bat and what happened in there? apparently im missing my killingmesoftly file on the cpu, but i believe its two things holding me back from rooting it, killlingmesoftly file and my computer not acknowledging my phone, please help me someone!!!!!!!!!!

Did you put your phone into debugging mode?

Upvote 0
Many thanks, all. Debated for about a week on whether to do this on my new Prevail. I'm a bit of a noob at this, like so many others, and feared messing my phone up. Finally, last night, just took the plunge and did it. Didn't work at first, of course, redid it many times, then finally remembered the updated files I had read about above. Downloaded the fixed files, and it worked like a charm.

Got rid of the bloatware, will eventually begin to modify other things . . . .

Upvote 0
Many thanks, all. Debated for about a week on whether to do this on my new Prevail. I'm a bit of a noob at this, like so many others, and feared messing my phone up. Finally, last night, just took the plunge and did it. Didn't work at first, of course, redid it many times, then finally remembered the updated files I had read about above. Downloaded the fixed files, and it worked like a charm.

Got rid of the bloatware, will eventually begin to modify other things . . . .
I've tweaked iPhones, but I'm an Android noob as well. I was sure I'd root my phone, but I debated about using the (only?) custom rom awhile. I'm glad I did. Alot more features with the interface now and less bloatware.

Be sure you back up your contacts if you customize after rooting. I forgot to prior to loading Shabbymod and had to redo them all again. Oops.

Upvote 0
i must be ******ed... ive been messing with this for 2 hours.. ive read the readme, watched the video... lol and when i go into the command prompt to do the adb reboot... it does nothign

idk i saw another guy was getn a file moved fail thing to my screen is the exact same as hime but trying it at the samsung screen is doing nothing for me

Upvote 0
I couldn't make root work until I followed the file modification instructions in TNightshade's post above. I've attached a new KMS folder zipped up with the files already modified to work on the newer Prevail.

When I tried before (like 20 times), nothing would make it root the phone. The attached version worked the first time for me.

I just bought my Prevail about 2-3 weeks ago, perhaps why root was being stubborn.

Thanks to all for sharing.

[edit] Forgot to mention I'm using Windows 7 (x64).

used this!!! worked amazingly! thankyou, was almost to the point of giving up, u do have to manually dowload busy box tho jus thought id throw that in there

Upvote 0
It shouldn't be this difficult to uninstall shit you don't want or need on your phone. That being said, I downloaded that root thing and it installed. Not sure what was accomplished. Everything I don't want is still on the phone Youtube, that twitter shit, etc.).

Why is it again they call these things 'smart phones'?

I had an issue at first. I rebooted my phone and killed all unnecessary apps and it went fine. Be patient and don't give the phone any input.

Upvote 0
I get stuck when I when I try to root the device in Linux mint 11 I am not a beginner at this but this is bugging me that I even have to ask if I am doing something wrong. but it get stuck at that last command and I have let it set for days thinking it just needs time so can someone please help me. I am using the boost mobile version of the Prevail.
Lazybones KMS # sh run.sh
[: 8: x86_64: unexpected operator
[: 15: Linux: unexpected operator
[*] I think we failed....
Wait for phone to reconnect...
Mount system as r/w, cleanup old files, do some basic configuration

Upvote 0
Okay so ive followed this step by step... listened to the video I dont even know how many times.... I cant get it to work. Dont insult my intelligence, this just simply means I somehow missed something or something isnt working right. If someone could help me that would be great. I need to get my phone rooted so I can tether to my computer for work.

Upvote 0
Okay so ive followed this step by step... listened to the video I dont even know how many times.... I cant get it to work. Dont insult my intelligence, this just simply means I somehow missed something or something isnt working right. If someone could help me that would be great. I need to get my phone rooted so I can tether to my computer for work.

Dude, read the thread. This one's broken. There are fixed versions later in the thread, or you can just go use the new one that works here.

http://androidforums.com/galaxy-pre...oot-samsung-prevail-replenish-shabbyfied.html

Upvote 0
I am new to the concept of rooting and have NO idea what I am doing. Is there a link to step by step instructions (where to find the downloads included)? I've downloaded a few things on my phone that I thought would help (Titanium Backup, Rom Toolbox, and Busybox Installer) but they all say I need to root first. Please help.

Upvote 0
My Prevail updated to GB last week, I searched for a way to root and remove the junk, I found all I needed supplied right here in this forum, I used oneclick, busybox, minitool, link2SD, Titanium backup, open garden wifi. I have to say I was a little worried about rooting my phone, never did anything like this before, but I read every post I could find and followed the instructions and had to learn how to use some of the programs like minitool to create 2 primary partions on an SD card, did not know you could do that, but I did and it works. I am very impressed with my new phone and all of the hard work everyone here has done, I now have friends asking me to find a way to root thier phones, I send them here to look for the answers, I will end up finding what they need and I will do it for them, knowing I can get the correct answers and for the first time I was able to wifi tether my laptop to my phone and it was amazing to see how fast it really was and my girlfriend also connected to my phone at the same time with no performance issues at all. As soon as I have some money I will donate. Thank you all for a great job, a great new phone, well done.

Upvote 0
Ok, someone please help. I have been trying this forever. I opened prevail to existence. I went through the process. At the end it said "you should have root". What do I do from there? I do not have root on my phone. I tried to shut it off and back on, nothing happened.

Have I missed something? Busy box and other programs say that I do not have root. Do I need to re-mount the SD card first? Should I have done something to the SD card before unmounting it?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I am going out of town next week and I need to get my phone rooted so that I can use it for a hotspot for my Kindle Fire.

P.S, I know these are basic questions, but I am new to this rooting stuff.

Upvote 0
I think my phone is not connecting to my computer. I just realized that the root program will run and say "you should have root" no matter what. (dumb of me I know)

My phone says it is in debug mode and the drivers are downloaded, put it does not seem like the root program is doing anything to my phone. Any ideas?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones