• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Don't trust it, anymore than you'd trust an executable on your pc that promised free sex. If it's legit, there would be a lot more information out there about it. Let someone else brick their phone or get their personal info stolen. Even if true, it would indicate a serious kernel exploit.
DT

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Don't trust it, anymore than you'd trust an executable on your pc that promised free sex. If it's legit, there would be a lot more information out there about it. Let someone else brick their phone or get their personal info stolen. Even if true, it would indicate a serious kernel exploit.
DT

with that kind of answer and no knowledge whatsover, GTFO

Upvote 0
I used the one-click rooter with zero problems. It replaces the recovery console - I was able to back up my whole phone, wipe it, place a ROM image, and recover the original phone through it.

My only issue now is finding a ROM for myTouch that works with Wifi, Bluetooth, etc.

Just installed Cyanogen's latest stable build (and latest build) - 4.0.1

WiFi definately works, I think BT does too (worked on the last release).

Multitouch browsing is nice too.

Upvote 0
I have used this app to flash my phone 4 times since Monday! I have used 2 cyanogen builds and 2 hero builds. I have an up to date G1 phone in the UK that had never been rooted before and after using this app I can now flash my phone at will! All I would suggest is having a spare SD card and back up your original image onto that so if anything should happen you will always be able to revert back (accidental wiping of card etc.). Nandroid within the app allows you to back up to SD. Do this then use another card to put the ROM you want to flash on and go for it. It also helps to have a microSD card reader. I am currently on the latest Cyanogen build and the differences are great.
This app makes rooting nearly fool proof, follow the instructions on the website it details and you'll be enjoying the benefits in no time.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones