1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

One click SBF

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by FragDroidX, May 18, 2011.

1. FragDroidX

FragDroidX Android Expert

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. cougar214

cougar214 Android Expert

Personally I would stick to using RSDlite. It's proven itself reliable and isn't difficult to use. From a noob standpoint, just getting used to using RSDlite and then switching to trying to use something else just causes more confusion.

3. Aggie12

Aggie12 Android Expert

I didn't know SBF'ing was hard as it is.

4. alprazolam

alprazolam Android Expert

It is quite easy to sbf for those of us who have gotten the hang of it. I'll be trying it out soon. If it works well then I don't see the need to tell people to tough it out with rsd lite. Wugfresh and company are a smart and respected bunch. They don't usually put out crap.

5. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja

sbfing is simple, granted when i first did it, i had to constantly read directions, now i do it with my eyes closed lol

6. Steven58

So is a self executable program? Sigh. I guess that helps? What evuh.

7. VoidedSaint

it may help, but i wonder, if its noob friendly or if its oldbie friendly...

8. magic1

magic1 Well-Known Member

One thing I've always wondered about sbfing, I know it wipes your phone but it doesn't affect your sd card does it?

9. alprazolam

alprazolam Android Expert

It does not.

10. Steven58

So my question to myself is: Do I, as a guru to newbies, (they think I know I'm doing because I have a green avatar :p) recommend this or the traditional SBF. Tell me what to do, here.

I guess I should try it. Sigh. I don't wanna sbf again, I just did it yesterday.

11. VoidedSaint

well depending on how easy it is, it may be easier, but its good practice to know how to manually sbf, cause really can you rely on a program to bring your phone back to life? one wrong placement of code can do some damage!

12. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Does this bypass the need for drivers by setting up a virtual environment?

If so, I'd say this is the way to go. The biggest problems that people have with SBF are driver related, IMO.

13. JrzDroid

JrzDroid Android Expert

I bet other oldies like me remember the days before 1 click programs. when you had to do everything through adb. hours spent reading lines to make sure all was typed correctly.

*sigh*

14. Aggie12

Aggie12 Android Expert

RSDlite isn't a program? lol

Before you ever recommend something to someone else you should try it yourself.

15. VoidedSaint

o when i get home i will def test it out, cause im going to load .595 im having issues with my facebook continuously asking for a logon password... that and i like the look of gingerblur :p

16. VoidedSaint

i see the humor :p

rsdlite is a program, that installs a file to your phone, i dont think it can access the stock recovery screen and begin the process that way. its going to be interesting to test out i can admitt that :)

17. trophynuts

trophynuts Extreme Android User

...what about using P2Kman to do seem edits :)

ahhhh i guess this is part of the evolution of things, there will always be someone out there trying to make things easier to do regarding things like this. I'll try it next time i need to SBF.

18. tom108

tom108 Android Expert

On the bright side. if this works, it may cut down on the "HELP I BRICKED MY PHONE" threads.

I however like to have control over each step that goes into my phone so i will stick with RSD lite. ;)

19. cultldr

cultldr Android Enthusiast

Unbutu on a flash drive with sbf_flash etc, no drivers, just works

I did this just last week and honestly don't know if i'll ever use rsd as long as this works. It's portable and as long as I have a cable nearby, boot off jump drive and go to town.

Edit: But I'm downloading this just to check it out hopefully over the weekend. Amazing how far along the devs have come with all this! Hats off to all of them for putting this out.

20. Steven58

Lemme know, k?

21. bouchigo

bouchigo Android Expert

He used AutoIt v3 to make this file. I've used AutoIt to make installs like this easy for my mom, and other people that have issues installing programs on their PC's.

I haven't used AutoIt in a while, it is very handy :D

But, isn't sbf'ing simple enough that something like this isn't really necessary??? Either way, I'm sure it will help some ;)

22. Steven58

You're a good son. Good boy! :)

My thoughts exactly.

23. emaN resU

emaN resU Well-Known Member

I mostly agree with this statement. However, having set up an ABD environment on Win7 and Linux, once you know the routine and what everything required does, it gets easier every time. But some of the new people will have trouble with the process of what needs to be installed and why.
    I think it's a good idea for people who do not have the time or resources to configure the proper environment. But I also believe that if messing with these devices is something that you will be doing every so often, then you should spend the time to get familiar with the process.
    We all know that with the popularity of Android and smartphones that more people are going with the, I want to "get the cool stuff" without all the "learning new stuff" part. :D The problem is trying to convince them to want the power that knowledge brings. Like going into a thread and saying "I didn't read all the instructions and installed this and it broke, now someone save me." Which I know all of you love. :p
    Anyway, enough rambling. I see it as a maderstcok on steroids kind of solution.

24. Steven58

It does save the time of saying of "well, open up RSDlite 4.9, then click on the "..." thingy-do and look for your sbf file and then select it.

It saves me having to say this ^^^. But to be fair I just say to go U D G and just read the section on SBF and leave me alone, loser. Well, maybe not so meanly. ;)

25. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

My driver question still stands. If it eliminates the driver package installation, that's a good step to skip.

Also, there are some bugs in RSD where some situations require you to be using a SBF file name of a certain length. I've seen this bug and it's a pain in the neck to correct. So, again, eliminating steps.

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews