• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

One depressed and angry man!

jtcannonball

Jun 16, 2010
So I ordered my Droid Razr last week and the individual selling it was two hours away from where I live. After the individual marks it shipped the tracking number is wrong and it's for a package that was shipped 3 months prior. It gets even more irritating, I emailed her on eBay 4 times about the tracking number and not one reply yet. Next I ordered a Otterbox Commuter case for it on eBay a day later, and it's at least 18 hours away from my address and I get the case yesterday and still no phone! It's been 5 days since she marked it shipped, and today is day 6. I could have drove up North on my day off and just picked it up and hung out for the day and saved 3 days. Ugh...

Do you currently have Verizon phone line? (unlimited or set amount of data). I have had them add/change over the phone as long as you were able to provide the EMi # off of the old and new phone. But I have read that some stores want to do it in person. If you have an unlimited plan, make sure that they are aware that that continues for you.

Reactions: jtcannonball
Upvote 0
Yes I have the unlimited data plan, I was curious because on VW.com you can swap devices and I didn't know if I could just do that. My VW store is really cool and they are very excellent at looking at your plan before doing anything. I know they told me before that if you don't take a smartphone off and go back to a feature phone than you won't lose the data.

Upvote 0
Verizon actually was really good to me. I had Verizon back in April of last year and I switched to AT&T. Didnt work out so well, so I switched back. New account completely, but they were able to see by my name or social that I did at one time have unlimited data and they gave it back to me. Didn't have to fight at all.

Upvote 0
Do not worry about the tracking number, might just be a mistake.

If you do not get the phone soon though, just contact eBay and get them refund you the money.

Yeah I know this, but when I want a new toy I revert back from 31 to 12 and I have about zero patience. Just frustrated because I could have drove the next day and been back in a matter of 4 hours and had my phone. So I don't think she shipped it when she said she did.

Upvote 0
stop wasting your time here and keep talking to EBAY about your bad transaction. Good luck. I hope you used paypal...

Tried everything eBay said I can do until it's passed the estimated ship date. So they shipped it allegedly on January 19th and the estimated arrival time is January 23-27 and today is the last day. So the issue is why does it take 6-8 days to ship from a location 2 hours away.

Upvote 0
I had a bionic but returned it when it first came out because it just didn't appeal to me and had issues with 4g dropping and I figured I stick it out with my iPhone until a android device came out that I really liked. And now it appears since no delivery as of now I'm past the delivery estimate and can start my process with eBay. If I get my money back instead of the phone I'll look into a Maxx.

Upvote 0
You should report it ASAP. Once the sender sees it they will really try to help you.

I did, and PayPal stated it would be 30 days and they already said they are waiting till today for a answer from the seller before they go to the last step. I think that is faster than normal because another eBay member bought the exact same phone from the seller and has had the same experience, no email responses, a bad phone number and a bad tracking number. So I think PayPal realizes this is a scam. Now I'm debating getting a Maxx or sticking with a standard Razr.

Upvote 0
If you've got the ability to do an upgrade, I'd definitely say go with the MAXX. I would absolutely LOVE a better battery life. It's my only real complaint/issue with the phone (other than the screen, but it's not "that" bad).

If you're buying outright, I think the MAXX is gonna be quite a bit more expensive. So it's all in what you're going for on that front. Both are identical otherwise. If you decide you don't want the MAXX, I'll trade you my flawless RAZR for a flawless MAXX and a few bucks :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones