1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General One handed texting with the infuse.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DankNasty, Sep 21, 2011.

1. DankNasty

DankNasty Member
    None

Jul 28, 2011
    Is it just me or is it kind of difficult to text on the infuse with one hand. Also is there a way to change the look or size of the keyboard because the letters seem smaller than my old iphones.

Advertisement

2. jcollake

jcollake Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 12, 2010
    Software Engineer
    USA
    I can do it with one hand fine, and my hand is medium size.. There ARE alternate keyboards available on the market, such as SlideIT (alternate type of Swype, not as good IMHO, but close). Dunno what else is out there, or if any suite your needs.

3. Ryanscool

Ryanscool Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 16, 2011
    School
    Colorado
    All you have to do is search in the market, but i am using better keyboard, as it comes with many keyboards and more to download from.

4. AtomicCEO

AtomicCEO Member
    None

Nov 13, 2009
    For me, it wasn't mainly the size of the phone that made it hard to text one-handed. It was a combo of the size and slickness. It wanted to slide out of my hand. I find it's much better with a hard rubber sleeve on it. I can grip it much much easier.

Also, I switched from Swype to Touchpal. It's got a lot of advantages to Swype, but also some wonky bits. I still think I prefer it.

5. jcollake

jcollake Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 12, 2010
    Software Engineer
    USA
    It is a bit slick and easy to drop. I haven't dropped it yet, and don't have a rubber sleeve, yet. I would speculate it would hope up to a drop pretty well, but wouldn't want to put that to the test, and it would depend on how hard the surface it landed on was ;).

From that perspective, you are right, I do hold it with one hand, and input with the other.