1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support One M8 won't boot past Boot screen/Android is updating apps

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ad5smith, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Ad5smith

Ad5smith Lurker
    None

Apr 20, 2016
    Male
    I need help. I have read several threads that partially pertain to my issue. However I just want to make sure I'm doing this right.

I purchased my phone from Rent A Center. I was an employee at the time so I know the truth about these things. It was new at the time. It is unlocked for any GSM carrier. I have a year warranty through RAC on it. A couple months ago it the charger port stopped working. I sent it in to the service dept. for repairs. It came back a couple
    weeks later, and it would only slow charge and you could not swipe down from the top of the screen. So I sent it back again.

I got it back today. They replaced the battery and screen. Now when I turn it on it would at first hang up at the Htc Boot screen. I read some threads, got it to the boot menu, and did a factory reset. It would do it's thing. Go all the way through the optimizing apps, and would stop at the Android is updating in apps screen.

I can't get it to get past either of these screens. If I press recovery from the boot menu, it gives me a red error icon.

I do not have anything on this phone as I wiped it before sending it in.

What do I do? I have a new laptop and USB cable.

Advertisement

HTC One M8

The HTC One M8 is the Taiwanese company's flagship phone for the first half of 2014. It built on its predecessor with an upgraded 5-inch 1080p display, Snapdragon 801 processor, 2GB of RAM, 32GB of internal storage, and an UltraPixel rear Duo Camera.
Tags: