1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

One plus 8 pro overheats

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Verzain earthing, Sep 25, 2021.

1. Verzain earthing

Hello, my name is Leo and I work at Veraizen Earthing. I'd like to know why my phone (one plus 8 pro) overheats when I use it to take pictures and play games. I only play games for a short period of time, but it still becomes hot. I'd appreciate it if you could assist me with your answer.

#1 Verzain earthing, Sep 25, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2021

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Are you in a hot environment?
    Is the phone connected to a charger?
    What sort of games are these?
    Do you have other processes running actively? (Maybe check your battery consumption stats).
    What do you mean by "hot"?
    Has this changed recently, or has it always been like this?

Running a camera and playing some games (especially those with advanced graphics, those using the camera and a network connection) are some of the activities which generate the most heat. If you are already in a hot environment, or if this is in addition to other sources of heat (e.g. charging) then the phone can get hot quickly. But it's very hard to say whether what you observe is abnormal or not, because "becomes hot" means different things to different people. Could you check the battery temperature (many system info or battery monitor apps can do that)?

And if it is abnormal, unfortunately it may not be easy to identify the cause, which is why I asked that list of questions above.

ocnbrze and mikedt like this.

OnePlus 8 Pro Forum

The OnePlus 8 Pro release date was April 14th 2020. Features and Specs include a 6.78" inch screen, 48MP camera, 8/12GB RAM, Snapdragon 865 processor, and 4510mAh battery.

April 14th 2020
Release Date
Reviews