• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

one quick question about rooting PLEASE REPLY QUICKLY

The chances of bricking your phone, regardless of what you do, is very very slim. Most things you can do can be fixed by restoring a backup.

So go ahead and root without fear. Just read the instructions thoroughly. Sorry about the text fonts, but most people just skim the instructions. Then they screw up the rooting procedure by missing a step and then think they bricked their phones. Chances are it's a simple fix and you're well on your way of a rooted phone. So again. Make sure you read the instructions thoroughly.

Reactions: chevanlol360
Upvote 0
The chances of bricking your phone, regardless of what you do, is very very slim. Most things you can do can be fixed by restoring a backup.

So go ahead and root without fear. Just read the instructions thoroughly. Sorry about the text fonts, but most people just skim the instructions. Then they screw up the rooting procedure by missing a step and then think they bricked their phones. Chances are it's a simple fix and you're well on your way of a rooted phone. So again. Make sure you read the instructions thoroughly.

ok i will and thank you for replying fast:)

Upvote 0
It really depends on what phone you have. Most phones are very easy to root and hard to brick.

There are always the unlucky few who get stuck. It's like winning the lottery, what are your odds of being the winner?

I have rooted over a dozen Android devices and have never had an issue, not once. But I always wait until a root method is proven and works well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones