• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

One-touch app-updates

pureride

Lurker
Aug 3, 2010
Don;t get me wrong my Moto DROID rocks. However, if I could change one thing (Flash is coming from what I hear) I wish there was a one-touch application update feature.

It is so annoying to constantly have to update each individual app. I don't care what the update is, I always will chose to update so that it stops bothering me.

Anyone know if this exists or on the horizon.

In 2.2, you will see an option when you download new apps to "allow automatic updating". All apps (I think) will have the option available, but not all apps will actually allow it to happen. You will see "Manual Update Required" when updates are available on those apps.

Hope that helps.

Upvote 0
Don;t get me wrong my Moto DROID rocks. However, if I could change one thing (Flash is coming from what I hear) I wish there was a one-touch application update feature.

It is so annoying to constantly have to update each individual app. I don't care what the update is, I always will chose to update so that it stops bothering me.

Anyone know if this exists or on the horizon.

its part of froyo

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones