• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

One wallpaper on all 5 home screens?

I mentioned this on another forum and was told that it was an *android* issue and not a device issue so I hope this is the right forum...

As we all know, Android has multiple home screens, and due to design, there is a single background that 'spans' these screens, showing 1/5-1/3 of the image on each screen...

Is there a way to change this?

I'd prefer to have a single desktop image that is shown fully on the screen, similar to how Linux handles multiple desktops. The only setting I found in my launcher (ADW that came with Cyanogen Mod) to use one background simply locks the "1/5th image" from the main screen in place, still sectioning off the image and simply not showing the rest as I switch screens...

I'm probably going to feel like an idiot, but I've looked and looked and cannot find the setting to use a single image on the home screen full-size without it sectioning it... (yes, I suppose I *could* make the image larger so it tricks android into showing it all, thinking it's just a section, but I've also not seen the exact dimensions for the screen-image-section and don't want to spend hours copying files back and forth to experiment till I find it...)

(Just guestimating on this...) Android with the scrolling wallpaper takes an X by Y image resolution. It crops down that image to fit on the screen whether it is scrolling or static.

Your individual device has a screen resolution of a by b. If you want a static image either it is going to be cropped to that resolution by android or you create/crop/have an image of the particular resolution of your phone yourself. You should be able to look up that in the specs for your phone (manual or online search.)

Note, this info is coming from a photographer knowing about images, not an android expert here....

Upvote 0
There is an app called 'Multipicture Live Wallpaper" that i have been using for a long time. It works with every Android phone that i have had. (including the new Galaxy Nexus ICS)
It not only allows you a different picture for each screen but will give you the option to crop and re size each screens photo so they will totally fit to each screen!
I personally use Launcher Pro and have 7 home screens. The wallpaper app works perfectly with this also, You can shut off picture scrolling with that app.

Total cost for these 2 apps is ZERO :):)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones