• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

bostoniansurvivor

Mar 15, 2010
It's been one week since I brought my
moz-screenshot.jpg
Motorola Droid home from the Verizon store. I remember first being surprised at how small of a box it came in while also still being devastated that my Blackberry Curve 8320 had breathed its very last breath which required me to approach the Verizon store that afternoon.

I knew that the time was coming to say goodbye to my Curve forever so I had been doing research for several weeks to decide on its replacement. I considered replacing it with its newer and hipper cousin, the Curve 8990. I loved my Blackberry so much and knew that the new version had even more of the awesome features that I had come to know and love. But since November I have watched the MotoDroid commercials with my mouth watering. Finally I had the chance to have all that customization that I always dreamed would make its way into the uptight American market. The European and Asian countries have had such customization ability for years but the beaurocratic American Business Model hadn't allowed such a frenzy to take place.

Back to my adventure....I walked into the store still not one hundred percent certain of the decision I was about to make. I had had the opportunity to hold both phones in my hand briefly as friends owned each. But I hadn't had the chance to really experience the UI fully on either. Now was my chance.

I walked to the new Curve and was delighted to find that all of the things I loved about my current phone had made their way to the new model with some improvements. I also enjoyed the new touchpad versus the older trackball. I recall replacing my trackball no less than six times in just over a year and a half. All in all it was much nicer than my current model and surely I would have been happy with the decision to get it.

Until I grabbed the Motorola Droid that was on display. Apparantly I had been dragging my feet or something because as I grabbed it I received a little jolting electrical shock. Perhaps this was a sign...

Even without my own customization or applications on the phone I found the most unique and pleasurable experience I have ever dreamed of in those five minutes. The shine of the screen. The weight of the partially metal case and massive processor. The glean of the flash driving the 5 MP camera....I had to have it.

So that was a week ago. I find more about my phone that I love each day and I know that I made the right decision in choosing it.

Now, a little about me: My name is Bob. I live in southwest Michigan and work in inside direct sales. I enjoy what I do very much. I have been married for three and a half years and have an eight month old son that has changed my life in every way possible and only for the better. That's me in a nut shell. Pleasure to meet you all.

Reactions: bigdroid
It's been one week since I brought my
moz-screenshot.jpg
Motorola Droid home from the Verizon store. I remember first being surprised at how small of a box it came in while also still being devastated that my Blackberry Curve 8320 had breathed its very last breath which required me to approach the Verizon store that afternoon.

I knew that the time was coming to say goodbye to my Curve forever so I had been doing research for several weeks to decide on its replacement. I considered replacing it with its newer and hipper cousin, the Curve 8990. I loved my Blackberry so much and knew that the new version had even more of the awesome features that I had come to know and love. But since November I have watched the MotoDroid commercials with my mouth watering. Finally I had the chance to have all that customization that I always dreamed would make its way into the uptight American market. The European and Asian countries have had such customization ability for years but the beaurocratic American Business Model hadn't allowed such a frenzy to take place.

Back to my adventure....I walked into the store still not one hundred percent certain of the decision I was about to make. I had had the opportunity to hold both phones in my hand briefly as friends owned each. But I hadn't had the chance to really experience the UI fully on either. Now was my chance.

I walked to the new Curve and was delighted to find that all of the things I loved about my current phone had made their way to the new model with some improvements. I also enjoyed the new touchpad versus the older trackball. I recall replacing my trackball no less than six times in just over a year and a half. All in all it was much nicer than my current model and surely I would have been happy with the decision to get it.

Until I grabbed the Motorola Droid that was on display. Apparantly I had been dragging my feet or something because as I grabbed it I received a little jolting electrical shock. Perhaps this was a sign...

Even without my own customization or applications on the phone I found the most unique and pleasurable experience I have ever dreamed of in those five minutes. The shine of the screen. The weight of the partially metal case and massive processor. The glean of the flash driving the 5 MP camera....I had to have it.

So that was a week ago. I find more about my phone that I love each day and I know that I made the right decision in choosing it.

Now, a little about me: My name is Bob. I live in southwest Michigan and work in inside direct sales. I enjoy what I do very much. I have been married for three and a half years and have an eight month old son that has changed my life in every way possible and only for the better. That's me in a nut shell. Pleasure to meet you all.
Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones