1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

One X Mark II out as soon as October?!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JohnnyBravo1000, Aug 8, 2012.

1. JohnnyBravo1000

JohnnyBravo1000 Android Expert

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Kinda slightly annoyed at that:\.

They're rumoured to be doing the same thing with the One V too, releasing a slightly higher spec version. The extra speed, I don't care about, I wouldn't mind a bigger battery though (if the improved battery life is a result of H/W, not S/W).

However, as long as they keep updating the original, it's not too much of an issue. I'm still happy with my choice.

3. JohnnyBravo1000

JohnnyBravo1000 Android Expert

I can totally understand your frustration. I'd be exactly the same. As a matter of fact, I'm frustrated myself as it's another potential phone thrown into the mix for me alongside the One X and S3! Like you say though, the One X is future proof as it is, so as long as you have updates for the original it won't be too bad.

I hope HTC, Samsung and other manufacturers don't go down the iPhone route when producing handsets for Android and come out with an "S" version a few months later.

Will be interesting to see why the feel the need to better their latest flagship phone so soon. It's unlike HTC to release such high spec handsets in such a short period of time. If I'm not mistaken they tend to release a monster of a phone and then release a few mid-range and entry ranger handsets before releasing another big hitter a year or so down the line?

4. BigCiX

BigCiX Android Expert

I really don't mind the slight update. What i do mind is the fact it comes with a pair of ibeats ear buds. I can sell them on Craigslist.
    Anyhow, this One X is my official last Android handset that isn't a Nexus. I'm done with all the waiting on updates!

5. gibbs1984

gibbs1984 Android Expert

I just don't think it does HTC or any other manufacturer any good releasing a phone basically the same, it confuses consumers and they just end up with loads of phones basically the same and means that releasing updates for all of them becomes harder and thus less frequent (thank god for the root community).

I mean, you're hardly going to notice a difference between a 1.5ghz processor and a 1.7ghz processor, so what's the point.

If you're going to release another device put it in a different market, like Samsung did with the Note (which looks like HTC are doing too), don't release a phone exactly the same as your flagship phone and release it into the same market, silly!

6. Nightvving

Nightvving Newbie

Any idea on whether it's coming to AT&T in America?

7. BigCiX

BigCiX Android Expert

I'm hoping it doesn't so they can focus on the One X

HTC One X Forum

The HTC One X release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 3 processor, and 1800mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews