1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General One X or One XL?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by benitorios, May 2, 2012.

1. benitorios

benitorios Member
    None

May 8, 2010
    Hi Everyone,

I'm pondering whether to buy a One X or a One XL (not the AT&T locked one, but the international version of it, soon to be available in Hong-Kong it seems).

I've just seen the benchmarks for the One XL posted on Engadget, along with the observation that battery life is much better for it. Having LTE also goes for it, though it's more something for the future-I'm not in a country with LTE right now.

BUT the lower internal storage and future-proofness of a dual-core vs. a quad-core have got me wondering.

1. Is a dual-core S4 more future-proof than a quad-core with A9 architecture? Perhaps the quad core will prove better at multitasking eventually, or start showing its strength once more apps are optimized for multi-threading?

2. Seeing how quick HTC has been on the One X updates, I'm kind of fearing that the XL will be a little orphan with less support over time. Eventually, the One X after numerous software updates might well end up outperforming the XL....

3. Battery life: it looks like the XL beats the X hands-down for now, but again with software updates things might break more or less even. So it comes down to future-proofness.

What are you guys' thoughts on this?

Advertisement

2. today

today Android Expert

Mar 30, 2010
    Male
    spanaway washington
    Don't pretend that it's you last phone and you'll be fine.

3. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Android Expert
    None

Apr 23, 2010
    Medical Doctor
    Auckland, New Zealand
    I'd take the XL since it has the S4 Krait in there rather than the Tegra 3 myself (he says with his Tegra 3 powered One X in his pocket).

Tags: