• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

One X Poor Wifi And Other Issues

Well, I've finally bitten the bullitt after two months of One X ownership, i've sent it off to Tmobile for repair or replacement.
The Wifi signal on it is absolutely shocking!! The squeeze test doesnt make any diffrence at all. I have to be in the same room as my router to get any Wifi signal. If I go into my kitchen which is two rooms away, the signal is non existant, and if I step out of the back door in the kitchen, it switches from Wifi over to mobile network,
which is crap also. My wife gets wifi signal on her Iphone 4S at the bottom of the garden!!!
My old Desire is sooo much better for Wifi.
Sometimes, when I pick it up and take the keylock off (top button) then drag the ring to unlock the phone, its logged onto the internet!!! Facebook has NEVER worked properly on it. Even after deleting the app and reloading about 20 times!!
Dont know if its just my handset, but its full of annoying faults.
The software is all up to date. 1.29 thingy!! I restart the phone all the time, but NOTHING works.
I told Tmobile it was "a state of the art Tegra 3 quad core pile of crap"!!!!
Hopefully they'll fix or replace. If not, its getting sold and I'm buying an S3 or the old faithful Iphone.
Rant Over. Thanks for reading :)

Yeah, I too have problems with Wifi. My laptop and my wives Iphone pick it up no problem with about 1/2 signal (down a level and over 2 rooms from the router). My One XL picks the signal up but sporadically drops it and refuses to load pages from time to time.

Quite honestly it doesn't bother me much. I've had my wifi turned off for 2 months now and just use my data plan. I rarely get to my limit since I'm a pretty light (1-2 GB or so) user.

As far as the other "problems" that people keep talking about...I don't really care much about any of them. Sure there are issues here and there but if I had never come on this forum and read about some of the problems I probably never would have noticed them.

I like the One X, its so much more fun to use than my old Iphone 3gs. Sure it has problems now and then, but I'm a nerd and have been to Jamaica. Their saying is "We don't have problems we have situations, and we fix them before they become problems."

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones