• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

one XL only getting edge data

scotty85

Extreme Android User
Jul 25, 2010
i thot id go ahead and post this up here,too,since there are plenty of smart cats here as well :)

ive been using an att one x on t mobile,waiting for the refarm to make here

a couple days ago,i popped my t mobile sim back into my international one x,and its getting 3g/H data just fine. apparently the refarm has made it to dayton,oh,finally :D

however,my HOXL refuses to connect to anything other than edge... if i remove the sim card,4g pops up for a brief second when i power the phone on. ive tried it on stock 3.17.707.1 and stock ATT 3.18.502.6. ive tried a couple different APN settings...

ive also now tried viper 3.2.7,and tried 2 different t mobile one s radios( :eek: ) against my better judgement ;) also tried changing the CID. still no go.

my international one x,att inspire, and att jetstream continue to recieve H data no prollems,on wich the HOX got a best speedtest of the following on a dozen or so tests,so im definately in a refarm area:

i dont think the imei has been black listed,i get no error messages,and the sim continues to function just fine in other devices.

planning to have my sister put in her sim card,and see if the phone works correctly on att. if not,id guess i have a hardware issue.

any ideas? i actually prefer the HOXL over the HOX since its s off. id love to HSPA+ working.

thanks for the reply. yes the HOXL should be picking up the new 3g speeds just fine.

the refarm is shifting the hsdpa from the 1700 band,to the 1900. both the international and att one x support HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100 bands for 3g

the att inspire,supports HSDPA 850 / 1900

the jetstream is identicle to the att one x:
2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G Network HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100
4G Network LTE 700 MHz Class 17 / 1700 / 2100

both the inspire and jetstream are recieving H and 3g just fine.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones