• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

OnePlus One Camera Performance Sum Up - Good But Not Great

Having used it for 4 weeks now, the camera performance of the OnePlus One is good but not stunning. The focus is not very sharp most of the times and the colours are not punching and stunning.

In essence, an average performer which is acceptable but not a stunner. We hope that the 2015 flagship killer will address this area in particular.

If you have any experiences or feedback related to camera performance, share with us here.

Extract from my review:

"For others who will not settle for anything less than the “best” in terms of images and photos this camera can take. Think again, it is probably going to disappoint you. There are other smartphones available in 2014 with better cameras in the market. Samsung’s Galaxy S5 and LG G3 are a couple of them to mention if you want to know more"

Last edited:
I agree. The camera itself is great but the software is lacking. My Nexus 5 took sharper and faster pictures. Others have reported using FV-5 to take quality pictures or even better if you're rooting you can use ColorOs.

Yes thats right. I have seen some great photos taken with this camera but they are all from rooted devices with different camera apps from the one that comes installed.

Upvote 0
I agree. The camera itself is great but the software is lacking. My Nexus 5 took sharper and faster pictures. Others have reported using FV-5 to take quality pictures or even better if you're rooting you can use ColorOs.

I thought the initial impression was this camera being better than the Nexus 5. I don't have a Nexus 5 to compare it with though. The hardware is better.

https://medium.com/adventures-in-consumer-technology/photography-with-the-oneplus-one-2d62d749ec4c

Here is another review with the author stating multiple improvements to be made. The 4k video shots were quite nice. - http://giacomomantovani.com/blog/oneplusone

Upvote 0
My experience with oneplus one camera is much worse compared to nexus5. At least in a low light.
Started using Google Camera App. A little bit better but not as good as N5.

As I mentioned earlier the camera software is not up to the mark. I am not surprised at all. You will need to install a better third party app and play around with it to get results.

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones