1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Ongoing calendar problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Meh, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Meh

Meh Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 22, 2009
    Right then. My calendar app is now really starting to nark me off.

First it changed all items to events where there is a guest list and I am an attendee. This includes reminders for birthdays etc. I can accept/decline/whatever. It reverts back on occasion to how it used to be.

Periodically it loses all my events. A clearing of data and a resync fixes this.

Now it has gone back to the guest list version of events, but I can't edit any events - change the times or description or whatever. I can delete them though.

This was all on Oxygen. Last night I ran the WWE RUU to see if it was ROM specific and it's still the same.

Anyone else with these issues??

Advertisement

2. Stavros

Stavros Lurker
    None

May 7, 2010
    My issue is that about a week ago, all my calendar events have gone. My calendar is fine online and the phone says it is syncing with no problems but no matter what I do I cant get my appointments to show up on the phone.

3. speedycolzalez

speedycolzalez Android Enthusiast
    None

I had the issue of it inviting me to my own events. I think I've fixed it (though not for existing events) by changing my email from googlemail to gmail. It doesn't seem to have affected anything else.

4. peter7769

peter7769 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 15, 2010
    Male
    Oxford / Great Britain
    Hi All

I have noticed since the weekend that the google calender on my desire is now showing 2 entries for everyones facebook birthdays, i have unticked the facebok calender & reticked it but the double entries still come back.

i have tried resyncing but this still doesnt help, not sure it its related but when i look on the official fb app. no birthdays are showing up at all!!

Does anyone have any suggestions that i can try??

Thanks Pete :(

sorry this was supposed to be a new post, not a reply!!

admin please delete and i will repost.

5. kirst

kirst Lurker
    None

Aug 4, 2011
    I am having the same issue too. Does anyone know hoe to solve it? I have tried refreshing / re-synching the calendar and the whole of my google account, I have also tried removing my calendar (from the phone) and then adding it again all to no avail.

Its annoying me because I rely on my phone calendar for reminders and I haven't been getting them!

6. andyknights

andyknights Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2010
  7. PureLoneWolf

PureLoneWolf Well-Known Member
    None

I had this exact issue the other day - Out of nowhere, nothing on my phone but everything on the web no problem.

I solved it by going to the Google Calendar - Exporting the calendar to a file and then re-importing it directly to Google Calendar again (You need to go to Calendar Settings then Calendars to do this).

2 minutes later, everything was back on my phone. Also, it didn't create any duplicate entries online...which was a nice bonus.

Hopefully it will work for you too

Tags: