1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Online Backup - Incremental, backup AND delete

Discussion in 'Computers' started by inssane, Aug 21, 2012.

1. inssane

inssane Android Expert

Hi there

Not sure of the "delete" terminology, but...

I'm using CrashPlan+ right now on trial and it's nice, has good reviews.
    From what I have read you must manually delete items from the backup. I am looking for software that will backup incrementally, but delete/move changed files from the backup file as well.

Any help?
    Nick

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

OS?

Destination?

3. inssane

inssane Android Expert

Also, will any of these back up and restore system images (windows)?

4. inssane

inssane Android Expert

Windows 7

Destination? Online service

5. Rachel A

Rachel A Android Expert

I love Crashplan. I have 6 PC's (2 of which are servers) and use it on all of them.

Set it up over a year ago and I just works all the time. Not had to mess around with cleaning old archives out or anything like that. Have used it to restore on several occasions and it's not let me down yet.

I love its multiple destinations feature - so I have computers backing up to locally attached USB drives, other PC's on the network and also to the cloud - which is my disaster recovery location (house burnt down etc.)

6. inssane

inssane Android Expert

I too like crash plan.

From what I read, they don't delete anything, and other services delete things after 30 days.

If I have 500 songs backed up, and I just removed 200, to leave 300 on my computer - when I go to restore, if my computer dies, will it restore all 500 or the 300 remaining?

I hope this makes sense. I don't want to restore everything from the past year, and may not remember every single file name that I do or do not want to restore from memory.

Nick

7. Rachel A

Rachel A Android Expert

It's been my experience that it only restores current files at the time of the latest backup unless you explicitly tell it otherwise.