1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Only 2G in China

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Kiuma, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Kiuma

Kiuma Lurker
    None

Feb 10, 2014
    Hey guys,

I arrived in china 2 days ago and went to a china mobile shop to buy me a local sim-card. The guy there told me that Internet connection won't work because my phone is from Germany.
    I know that my phone does not have region lock so i bought a prepaid card with 3G connection.
    But now I only get very slow 2G connection. Is there any way I can use 3G or even LTE with my german phone in China?

Thanks

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    I think (and this is only a guess) he was referring to the fact that their carrier uses different frequencies for 3G than your phone does. If that's the case, there's noting you can do.

3. Kiuma

Kiuma Lurker
    None

Feb 10, 2014
    You were right. The carrier uses different frequencies for 3G so I switched to another carrier "China Unicom" and it works now.

dontpanicbobby likes this.
  4. tamblot

tamblot Lurker
    None

Feb 14, 2014
    From my understanding, China Mobile and China Unicom have different 3G infrastructure. Another option is to use mobile wifi which offloads the battery consumption from your note 3.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 launched in 2012 and was the company's flagship phablet. The device featured a 5.7-inch display with a 1920 x 1080 resolution, 3GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 13MP main camera.