1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Only Back and Recent buttons are lighted up. Nothing else works

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Exar, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Exar

Exar Lurker

Phone was working fine. After charging the batt, the phone was hanging. Did a restart and the phone didn't turn on.
    Now only the back and recent buttons are lighted up. Unable to do a restart or reset.

Help please.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Exar

Exar Lurker

Thank you for that.

Still wasn't able to access the maintenance boot screen.
    I waited till the batt was fully drained which I thought that would do the trick.
    I plugged in the charger after two days and it was charging...once it charged a bit. I powered the phone and it powered on.

Now the issue seems like it crashes the moment I log in to the phone. Cant seem to get it to be stable.
    Once it restarts by itself, it goes into the same issue as before and I have to wait for the phone to discharge again.

Appreciate any help that can solve this.
    Thank you.

3. Exar

Exar Lurker

man i was dreading that. I wanted to get the photos and documents out of my phone before doing that. Is there any way to recover the files before the hard rest?

I would really appreciate the process to do the hard reset if you don't mind.
    Thank you

4. Exar

Exar Lurker

hey mate, tried to do what you had listed. this is what happened.

1. batt charged full. started phone. very slow start. was in the lock screen for 10secs and rebooted. After this unable to power up or reboot the phone.
    2. waited for batt to be used up in step 1. instead of starting phone. Tried to do hard reset or get to the menu using the steps you have listed. it never did. it was stuck on the samsung startup logo and never rebooted again.

I'm getting really worried its a hardware fault and am now really desperate to try to get my pictures and docs in the phone.
    managed to get backup by booting sim and google account in another phone but still unable to get pictures and files.

Do you know anything else that I can do? really appreciate the advise.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge release date was March 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Snapdragon 820 processor, and 3600mAh battery.

March 2016
Release Date
Reviews