• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Only Charges Face Down

kydexit

Lurker
Nov 10, 2014
My Droid Ultra Only Charges Face down, And It has to be Half off the edge of a surface, Alowing Some light to the face of the screen. I use pdanet To run the internet on my computer. It will not connect unless it is in this position. " So Strange". Something makes it only react when its upside down. Can anyone help me.

Welcome to Android Forums, and sorry to hear that you're having such a weird problem.

I've never heard of anything like this before. I guess the things I would try, if you haven't tried them yet:

- a different charging cable
- a different charger - something UL listed that is 5 watt or 6 watt will work to charge the Ultra

But, it does make me wonder if you have a bad USB port. Is the phone less that one year old? If so, it sounds like you may have a warranty claim that you can make.

Upvote 0
Thanks for your reply to help. Yes I have tried new cable and charger. This happens both when trying to charge from computer and the Ac. As I type this, I am connected to the internet, computer, "via" pdanet. My phone is on the shelf just above my head, face down, half on the shelf so as not to cover up the hole face. I can see the lighting bolt on the battery Icon, so I know its charging. As soon as I take the phone down and place it on the desk, face down. The internet connection drops and the phone stops charging. There has to be something in the rotation setting of the phone. If I rotate the phone over, face up , no charge, no internet connection. This is so stupid. I hope someone cant direct me into settings where I might find the root of this problem. Thanks for your try.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones