• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Only charges in USB mode

enltguy

Lurker
Aug 7, 2012
I'm using the charger that came in the box with the phone. It used to always charge on AC when plugged into a wall. Then it started charging as USB SOMETIMES when plugged into an outlet, but you could get it back to AC just by unpligging and re-plugging it in. Now it ONLY charges in USB mode, which obviously takes forver. What the ****? I've only had it 8 months. No warranty I know of or insurance, so please don't just tell to replace it. That would mean buying a new phone.

I'm using the charger that came in the box with the phone. It used to always charge on AC when plugged into a wall. Then it started charging as USB SOMETIMES when plugged into an outlet, but you could get it back to AC just by unpligging and re-plugging it in. Now it ONLY charges in USB mode, which obviously takes forver. What the ****? I've only had it 8 months. No warranty I know of or insurance, so please don't just tell to replace it. That would mean buying a new phone.

I had the same problem and it was not the phone. Sounds like the ac end (the plug and receptacle part) is shot. Have you tried swapping chargers with a friend to see if there's any difference? There are plenty of charger replacement options out there ranging in price from less than $5 to about $30. FYI: one year warranty on the phone. If it's the phone call VM and they should be able to send you a new one.

Upvote 0

Mine just started doing this too yesterday! Tried 2 different LG OV chargers and same thing.

Upvote 0
I've only had it 8 months. No warranty I know of

The warranty on the OpV is for 1 year from the date of purchase, and covers the original owner of the phone (ie: who ever was the first to activate it). Download the OpV users guide from the VM web site and look at the Warranty information inside from LG.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones