• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Only charges to 98%

you should have had an incredible. it would say 100% charged and a minute after you unplugged it it would be 92%. the only way to get it to 100 for real was to charge to 100%, turn the phone off, then plug it in again for another 30minutes. in the grand scheme of things it really wasn't worth it.

my point is almost all phones have some kind of battery "saving" feature to not over charge or stress the battery, it really isn't a big deal. you would be far more annoyed if it didn't have this feature and your battery was useless after 3 months and you had to buy a replacement.

Upvote 0
Hello, I just read about this on another thread. It would appear that is has a built in battery tender, if so, this is a good thing. Basically, when charging the battery, it will charge to 100% then turn off the charger until the charge held by the battery reduces to a predetermined amount. At that point it begins charging again. If you charge it with the phone off, it will charge to 100% then simply stop, since the phone is off,it does not cycle , thus still 100%. Unplugging a turned on phone (that is not registering 100%) and then plugging it back in, restarts the cycle. This whole process protects the battery.

Upvote 0
Hello, I just read about this on another thread. It would appear that is has a built in battery tender, if so, this is a good thing. Basically, when charging the battery, it will charge to 100% then turn off the charger until the charge held by the battery reduces to a predetermined amount. At that point it begins charging again. If you charge it with the phone off, it will charge to 100% then simply stop, since the phone is off,it does not cycle , thus still 100%. Unplugging a turned on phone (that is not registering 100%) and then plugging it back in, restarts the cycle. This whole process protects the battery.

Problem is... this isn't normal behavior.

Upvote 0
Left it on to top up on the usb/computer connection. I've done this before and it will say in this status:

Screenshot_2011-12-21-08-54-31.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones