1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

General Only display contacts with phone numbers?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Rob, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Rob

Rob I'm tellin' mommy on you!
    Administrator Thread Starter

Mar 26, 2008
    Androiding
    I have the Motorola Droid and my roommate just bought the HTC Droid Eris. He has 1000+ contacts in his Google Account and only wants to display ones with phone numbers.

The MOTO Droid does this easily - Dialer > Contacts > Menu >Display Options > "Only display contacts with phone numbers"

I'm baffled - the Droid Eris doesn't have this option? Is this an HTC Sense thing or an Android 1.5 thing? And, have any Droid Eris owners found this annoying and found a work around?

Advertisement

2. Sketchee

Sketchee Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    Maryland
    I don't know if there is an easier way to do this, but I just added everyone I would want to contact to a group within Google Contacts.

Then uncheck everything except that group in People > Groups > Menu > Sync Groups and only that group will appear.

3. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Well-Known Member

It might be a 1.5 thing. I upgraded to 2.1 and just made the change to display contacts with phone numbers only. I didn't see that option before.

4. hallstevenson

hallstevenson Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2010
    It's an option in Android 2.x, not available in 1.5.

5. Rob

Rob I'm tellin' mommy on you!
    Administrator Thread Starter

Mar 26, 2008
    Androiding
    Thanks everyone. I guess I'll tell him to bite the bullet and use one of the workarounds, hope for an upgrade soon, or maybe a better android will hit VZW in the next 30 days (and he'll exchange his that he bought today!)