1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Only one switch allowed by HD Widgets?!?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by OakIris, Oct 24, 2013.

1. OakIris

OakIris Member

I just rooted my phone today so have to set it up again. I installed HD Widgets again and wanted to place several switches on one of my phones screens for such things as airplane mode, flashlight, etc., but for some reason the app will only allow me to install one switch! I am using the smallest size (1 X 1) so there is plenty of space on the screen to install more.

What am I doing wrong?? :thinking: :eek:

Holly

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. OakIris

OakIris Member

Apparently no one else has run into this. Oh well. I will use one of their switches with multiple items on it; too bad they can't be customized as the best one they offer (for my use) only has two of the toggle switches I wanted, probably won't ever use the other two it includes.

Holly

3. BigRedGonzo

BigRedGonzo Android Expert

I just tried this on my phone and it allowed me to drop as many as would fit on the page. It also allowed me to put whatever switch content on the widget that I wanted. I am sort of confused as to what exactly it won't let you do. Here is what I did:

Long press on the screen and choose widgets
    Find the single block widget from HD
    Long press on it and drop it where you want it
    When you get the config page, switch is listed at the bottom of the screen. I had to scroll to the right to get to it. Pick the switch that you desire.

Hope this helps.

OakIris likes this.
  4. OakIris

OakIris Member

I'm an idiot; no wonder you were confused! When I tried to add another single switch, the configuration screen that came up showed the switch I had already made. I "assumed" that the switch should have been just a blank template, like the first one I set up, I then "assumed" that, since the program showed an already configured switch, that meant I could only install one switch. Must be the end of the week....

Thank you, BigRed - your post stating that you had no problem with adding as many switches as the page would fit made me try again. Of course you can add more than one switch! lol

Holly

5. BigRedGonzo

BigRedGonzo Android Expert

Glad I could be of help.