• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help only part of song comes out of speakers

tommy_ed

Android Expert
Feb 26, 2010
I've noticed on my android music player as well as my itouch on certain songs I'm not hearing some of the tracks. Usually on songs by the beatles for some reason. For instance I have my itouch hooked through the headphone jack to the room speakers at work right now and listening to "when I'm sixty-four" (beatles)... there are no lead vocals. Most of the instruments are playing and all the background vocals are playing? Could the 1/8th" cable I'm using be a stereo cable or something?

it's your player rejecting sub-par music.

Probably has something to do with what you said... playing your music in 2 channel mono vs stereo type of thing. If you are only getting right channel music through both your left and right ear, you still miss music recorded on the left track.

FWIW - all beatles music would be improved if you didn't have to listen to the words

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones