• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ONN 8" Android Tablet Headphone jack not working.

Hosscatt

Lurker
Jun 16, 2019
Just got my dad one of these tablets from Wal-Mart for father's day. The headphone jack would not work. Tried several headphones so thats not the issue, it still plays through the tablets speakers even with the device plugged in.
So, we returned it, and got an identical tablet, only this one is doing the same thing!
I cannot figure it out. There seems to be no settings to change, I tried restarting, and it was updated as soon as he got it out of the box. He uses it to listen to podcast in bed so the headphones are an important part for him. Any help is appreciated!

Model # ONA19TB002
ONN 8" Android Tablet

Update: 10 inch ONN tablet headphone inlet (jack) will work with a system update. I assume it's a driver issue? The update wasn't there couple of days ago so give it some time for the update to register to your tablet. Yes the 10 inch ONN tablet has the same headphone inlet issue the 8 inch has.

Another update: This cheap device definitely has it's drawbacks. You may notice the audio weak with headphones so you may have to install an audio boaster. That'll fix it. At $69 dollars before tax this tablet isn't worth it. It is a $50,00 dollar device. I base that on what I've seen in China at $50.00 with similar specs. My mother can't differentiate between tablets. I did buy her a laptop running a Intel i5 not sure why she felt she needed it. Oh well, she's using it for Facebook etc...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones