1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Onstar app

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by charwoods3, Oct 28, 2010.

1. charwoods3

charwoods3 Member

Jul 13, 2010
    I have been trying to download the onstar app from the market, but my market can't find it. I am able to find it with appbrain, but it says requested item could not be found when I try to download it.

Other people seem to have no problem with it, so I can only figure it has something to do with being rooted. Has anyone else had this problem, or is there a way to get the app without going through the market?

Thanks for any help!

Advertisement

2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH

Feb 19, 2010
    Male
    I thought of that. Being rooted does allow you to change the build.prop file, and get into more apps in the market. I can't imaging, however, that this is the case with this, but what do I know.

Be sure to check the support section, too, as I moved your question from the main forum there, k? Gl! :D

charwoods3 likes this.
  3. LexusBrian400

LexusBrian400 Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2010
    Automotive Electrical Technician / Mechanic
    I'm a drifter.. here and there.
    Try changing your build.prop market fingerprint. Someone got that exact same error message when they were searching for Square earlier.

Also, clear your market data/cache by going into... Menu, Settings, Applications, Manage, find the market app, and clear data/cache, reboot the phone and search again.

Hope this helps..

charwoods3 likes this.
  4. kriscad

kriscad Active Member

Dec 15, 2009

i had the same problem lol

read this post!

http://androidforums.com/droid-x-all-things-root/154976-2-2-market-issues-use-mod.html

fixed the issue/

charwoods3 likes this.
  5. charwoods3

charwoods3 Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Sorry for making 2 threads, but after the first, I figured it must have to do with root and thought I would have a better chance in here.

Thanks for everyone's help. The build.prop got it done, and it is working fine now!

Thanks again,
    Chad