• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ooh! ooh! ooh! what has two thumbs and is getting excited??

Oh, Are we exchanging tweeter accounts?

My username on tweeter is lazer_ and I'm a recovering flashoholic from WinMo platform too chicken shit afraid atm to do much with my droid but give me time.... Oh, I did the regular easy 'update.zip' to get to Froyo! :D

Hey man, i am a recovering flashoholic as well, but weren't ERGZ Roms awesome on WinMo! Anyway these Droid folks seem way cooler. Anyway I took the plunge and rooted and ran through the 2.2 upgrade. Not heard and after some help from these guys on the SBF flashing I feel pretty comfortable that there is not much I can do to completely screw my phone, so have at it and ask for help.

Upvote 0
Hey man, i am a recovering flashoholic as well, but weren't ERGZ Roms awesome on WinMo! Anyway these Droid folks seem way cooler. Anyway I took the plunge and rooted and ran through the 2.2 upgrade. Not heard and after some help from these guys on the SBF flashing I feel pretty comfortable that there is not much I can do to completely screw my phone, so have at it and ask for help.

No doubt! Just a bit on the fence since I do have 2.2 to toy with currently un-rooted but that's a start. Hoping they would release one of those 1-clicker things whilst I wait and contemplate whether I'm already screwd for the OTA update whenever it may come beings I did the update BUT thinking if I don't root then it still might be ok as is.

My biggest problem: When I know there is other stuff to muck with this phone, I can't totally resist the urge.... :eek:

? = Does the famous "Birdman" from tweeter ever post in here and if not, does anyone know why OR is it he's too busy experimenting and deving?

Upvote 0
that is how i took it when i read it.

the way i figure it... if birdman keeps flashing his dx, then he must be working on something pretty sweet that it keeps bricking the phone.

His latest tweet makes it sound like he is having trouble deodex-ing it which I think you have to do to hack the ROM.

_mrbirdman_
so....can i just like...not deodex the droidx? has anyone done this successfully yet? about 5 hours ago via web

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones