1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Ooops I've done it again...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by turbohobbit, Apr 21, 2013.

1. turbohobbit

turbohobbit Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2010
    England
    I think I've fried my Transformer TF101. Again.

It was working fine (rooted). I tried to flash a new ROM to it without doing any wipe or anything (doh) and now it's basically stuck at the EEEpad start screen and doesn't progress any further. To be honest I did this a while ago and I've only just got round to trying to sort this out. I THINK the ROM was compatable - I don't see why it wouldn't be.

I can get into Recovery but I can't flash anything from there (any flash attempt fails) and when I plug the unit into my PC it doesn't recognise it. I think it may be jiggered...

Any ideas guys?

Advertisement

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    In recovery, can you try wipe caches and try a factory reset?

3. turbohobbit

turbohobbit Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2010
    England
    I've wiped everything and then done a full wipe (factory reset) in CWM. I've reflashed an ICS version of Revolver which seems to flash without problem, but when I restart the Transformer it just freezes at the Eeepad startup screen.

I'm wondering if there is any value in sticking a new - stable - ROM (something stock?) onto the SD card, along with a stable kernel, and flashing it all from the SD card? Would that work? The problem I have is that I can't put any new ROMs onto the internal memory as my PC doesn't recognise the Transformer when I plug it in...

4. MacFett

MacFett Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Male
    Worshipping Cthulhu
    Sietch Tabr
    I have only ever flashed from the SD and never internal. Do you have a nandroid of your stock?