• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help oops... An error has occurred while trying to download voice message. Please try again.

ilmundu

Lurker
Dec 29, 2013
I have a samsung galaxy s3.

Every couple of minutes or so I get this msg:

"oops... An error has occurred while trying to download voice message. Please try again."

I cleared all the browsers and app cache I could find but this msg still pops up and blocks me from whatever I m doing.

I noticed that it happens only when I m connected to internet through wifi.

I appreciate any help cause its getting v frustrating!!!!

Thanks

Reactions: pariya
The problem might be with Viber as I faced a similar problem with my Dad's HTC Desire. It seems that most of people recommend uninstalling and reinstalling Viber, While all you need to do is to tap on "Viber" icon, then tap on "More", where there will be a menu under your Viber name. Tap on "Settings" with a gear sign next to it, then tap on "Calls & Messages". There is written "Clear Message History". Tap on that and Confirm to "Clear".

This way you clear all the history including that Voice message without loosing your App!

Read Before Taking Action!
** If you are concerned about the data in message history, you can "Email Message History" in zip format before loosing it. This option is also available under "Calls & Messages" **

I hope this helps out. :tee:

Upvote 0
hi I have got the same problem on galaxy s5
. I read your answer how to solve this problem on s3 but unfortunatly I could not do this on my galaxy as well. Its seems that there is another settings in galaxy s5. So if you know how to resolve this problem even on s5 I will be glad to know it
P.S. I have problem with voice messages as well. It is too quiet. Its already impossible to hear and I think it is because of this error :(

pls pls pls help me :(

Waiting for ur answer
Tina :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones