1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Oops. Don't delete HTC temp files on SD

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MrJedi, Aug 1, 2013.

1. MrJedi

MrJedi Member

[​IMG]So I decided to go through the HTC clean-up app to get rid of some used data. I was really surprised when when I 14GB+ in temp files. So I decided to delete them. Well I guess that included all my music, and temp files. When I go in to WinAmp, HTC music, or Play Music, all of my songs are still listed. ES File explorer shows the data is gone. I have a back- up of all of this in Play Music and two different laptops so not a big deal. I guess I should have done the math And added up the temp files + music files and the gallery and realized the total used storage was more than what I was actually using.[​IMG]

So, no big deal, but I don't advise anyone to use this function.

ochenta likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ochenta

ochenta Well-Known Member

Good advice, glad you had it backed up.

3. aml1025

aml1025 Android Enthusiast

I did the same thing when transferring my SD card from my EVO to my Victory. Figured it was just something I messed up, so I didn't post a heads-up, but apparently not. Good thinking to mention it and save someone else the headache!

4. MrJedi

MrJedi Member

Yeah, for music on my phone I always keep an exact copy of what's on my phone on another computer. Makes it easier to sync playlists and the actual tracks. With few exceptions I only load singles. With 60GBs of legitimately own MP3s (320kbps), its too much to carry around. I like to play on random, and while that often digs deep in the archive there is no theme to the playlist if I used my full catalog.

I loaded up the next day and it was like nothing happened. That said, I think it could have been a little more clear what folders it was going to clear out. So anyway, if this helps one person who isn't as anal about making backups across multiple platforms, then I'm a happy camper. :)