• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

OPEN HOME - Android Market App

TF1984

Android Enthusiast
Nov 3, 2009
Southeast US
So I've searched the forums and can't find Situation specific answer so I'm starting a new thread.

Let's just say, I'm bored with my Home screens on My Sprint HTC Hero with Sense UI. I'm curious, can I use Open Home and the skins on a Hero???

I have not been able to locate any answer to this question, anyone tried it?? What was the result? Is it worth the 4 bucks? Does it cause severe lag?

So I've searched the forums and can't find Situation specific answer so I'm starting a new thread.

Let's just say, I'm bored with my Home screens on My Sprint HTC Hero with Sense UI. I'm curious, can I use Open Home and the skins on a Hero???

I have not been able to locate any answer to this question, anyone tried it?? What was the result? Is it worth the 4 bucks? Does it cause severe lag?
You can't use any open home or skins on the Hero. You can not take of the HTC Sence. We are stuck with Stock HTC Sence buddy! lol

Geekman aka T1jordan

Upvote 0
If you got to settings, applications, manage applications and give your phone a minute to catch up. Then look for HTC Sense and select it. Scroll down to clear defaults and hit your home button on the phone. You should be able to select Home from there. Hit the home button again and you can go back to HTC Sense.

I am not sure if this is what you are looking for or not but it can be kind of fun to play around with.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones