• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Open Home Customize

Crucifier

Dec 3, 2009
Recently purchased Open Home for my droid and so far really love it. Haven't noticed any problems so far except the themes seem to be really bad from the screenshots I found on the marketplace. I did notice however the icon packs look a lot better. So do most people here with open home just replace the icons and not the theme? If not please let me know of some good ones. Thanks

Gloss Suite is one of the best themes out there for open home...very nice looking...also you can download about 6 free font packs when you have open home, this lets you customize the text on you home page finishing the overall look of your phone...

P.S. Please let me know if you have the same trouble as I do when chnaging the wallpaper on your droid phone after you have installed a theme. I don't seem to be able to get any of my own downloaded wallpapers (all the correct size) to work in Landscape mode, only portrait cropping is available. However, google's pre-set wallpapers work in Landscape mode fine, and scroll with the rest of the screen when moving between pages...weird. Am I missing something?

Upvote 0
I am actually looking for the Home view. I can seem to see any with the paths to home/all, home/my, home/files.For groups there is the view named atrium_groups. Members has the atrium_members view.Would love to know how the content is being displayed for home, is it controlled by a series of contexts? any help is appreciated as I may be overlooking something obvious.I think for Open Home you can apply a Home theme too. xD So I would say OpenHome is better.I like also Open Gestures.I like the way it works, where you can swipe at the screen to bring up various apps and things.It doesn't have as much eye candy as the other ones though not as many themes have been made for Open Gestures.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones