• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Open Home

Cane

Lurker
Dec 10, 2009
Hello! I'm new to the smart phone world, but have been with Sprint for some 15 years. My first question is, I'm trying to open up the first app that I've installed on my new HTC Hero. The response is, "This is a skin for Open Home by J-B themes. Visit Better Android Apps for help, howto, and more skins".

When I go to that site it gives me some press release info, but I just don't have a clue as to what to do next.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or help!

Hi, the app you downloaded is not actually an app in its own right. It is a skin or theme for another app on the market. I guess you wanted it to change the style of your phone? You can't use it by itself however.

The app it is a skin for is a replacement dekstop, and only available for rooted phones. That is phones that have been hacked somewhat to install custom firmware on.

If it didn't make sense apologies, I can try and clear it up. I'd also suggest checking out the thread in my signature for a quick start introduction to your hero!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones