1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Open Upgrade?

Discussion in 'Verizon' started by jfoey22, Jun 2, 2011.

1. jfoey22

jfoey22 Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 17, 2010
    Cisco Engineer
    Cincinnati, OH
    Hey Guys,

Just curious who/what everybody that is eligible right now is doing. I have been eligible since the end of February, coming of a 1yr deal on the Incredible. I went through Costco and picked up a Charge but I was "underwhelmed" with it and returned it two weeks later. I was thinking about going out and picking a revolution just to test drive it for a few weeks and returning it. For people like me, right now kind of sucks. I want a new phone, but nothing out there is a real step up from my Incredible. In my opinion, the only things the Charge has over my tweaked out Incredible is the screen and 4G.

Advertisement

2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian

Oct 28, 2009
    Male
    Graduate Research Assitant | That part time IT guy
    3rd Rock
    Funny, I just went and checked today, and I'm eligible for upgrade July 7th. The salesman tried to tell me that the Charge was a better phone than the Galaxy S II (which he also said he had not heard of first off) and then tried to sell me on the Galaxy Tab 7" b/c the 10" were due in soon.

I think he missed the part where I wanted a smartphone replacement.

I really, Really REALLY need to make a business card and add my user login here on the forums to it....I can't stand it when folks try to BS me on something I already know for a fact is not true.

3. daveydog

daveydog Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 29, 2010
    Mass
    holding out. There isn't one phone I'd blow a contract on right now... as hard as I tried (2 tb's and an inc 2, all returned). Hoping that a sensation variant comes out (not even a rumor of it yet though), and if nothing by the Fall, I might do an iphone next, we'll see... hey now that apple adopted some android features, I might be able to do it..

4. kyler13

kyler13 Android Expert
    None

Nov 17, 2009
    Annapolis, MD
    I'm eligible for my annual upgrade, but nothing was knocking my socks off either. I managed to find a deal on a Charge off Ebay, off contract. I'm going to try to turn around my Incredible plus accessories on ebay. In the meantime, my upgrade is being saved for the Galaxy S II variant (Samsung Function). I do like the Charge over my Incredible. Bigger screen, no more pentile matrix, better sunlight visibility, hdmi out (the incredible's video out sucked - real choppy), FFC for video chat, better camera in general, 1GB for apps (I was constantly hitting the limit on my Incredible).