1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Open Wifi network notification

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hmadsen, Aug 10, 2012.

1. hmadsen

hmadsen Newbie

Hi

After i updated my One S thru OTA update a few weeks ago i have had a problem.

No matter if i turn "tell me when there is a wifi network" option on or off i get the notification in the top info bar.

As said, i have tried disabling it in the menu but it seems like it does not do as i say.

My wife has a phone just like mine and have the same problem.

Have rooted it via htcdev to be able to install adblocker but it is running the latest stock rom ...

Anyone else have this problem ?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer

Have you tried to do a factory reset?

OTA updates sometimes have these little bugs as a result of remnants left over when the stock recovery flashes the new software. "most" times a factory reset will solve these issues. BEWARE!! A factory reset will wipe the phone clean!! Install Titanium Backup or My Backup Pro from the market to backup your apps and data, then just make sure all your contacts are backed up to the cloud. :)

Also what would help is if you had a custom recovery installed, then you could wipe the dalvik cache and the cache partition and see if it fixes it.

If you'd want more info on a custom recovery for your phone check out this thread:
    http://androidforums.com/one-s-all-...der-install-recovery-root-your-htc-one-s.html

AgentC is a great dood and won't steer you wrong. ;) follow the steps to get a recovery, then ask any questions if you get stuck. :)

HTC One S Forum

The HTC One S release date was April 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, MSM8290 processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2012
Release Date
Reviews