• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Open wireless network with password

Knaerten

Lurker
Jul 15, 2010
Hi.

I recieved my HTC Desire 3 days ago, and I really like it, but I have 1 problem.

Where I work we got a open wireless network with password protection when you open your web browser. I got no problems connecting to the network, but I dont get the pop-up box where I have to write in the password. Tried with the built in browser and opera mini, but neither of em work.

Anyone else got a problem like that, or any idea how I can get this working?

Hi.

Thanx for your answer.

I have now set so the browser allows popups, but its still a problem.

Might not be a popup, but a redirect though, i dont really know, but when i open the browser it starts www.xxx.no/redirect=xxx and i get that the web page aint available. The webservice works pretty much like in a hotel.

I know that this is working on Windows mobile phones, and crapple aswell..

Upvote 0
You can try "Android Hotspot Login App" (net.sf.andhsli.hotspotlogin or Android Hotspot Login) to login (I use it for T-Mobile hotspots). You can use predefined login scripts (which will be probably useless for you) or make your own login script, but the scripts are easy to write.

That might be, but how does that solve my problem where the browser wont redirect me?

Not that easy to create a login script that ovverrides the login that gives internett acess ;)

Upvote 0
That might be, but how does that solve my problem where the browser wont redirect me?

Not that easy to create a login script that ovverrides the login that gives internett acess ;)

Okay, maybe there was missunderstanding from my side, this application can send the login informations to wlan login script, so you don't even need to open the login page in Android browser.
So if you can login in browser from normal computer (login page with username/pasword and some "Send" button appears after trying to access internet), its possible to do the same wit this Android application :)
Format of login script and how-to test/login is well described on homepage.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones