1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

OpenGL 2.0 and android?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by spottyelephant, Mar 3, 2010.

1. spottyelephant

spottyelephant Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2009
    I can't find any bloody information on this. So, does anyone know what the story is with Opengl 2.0 and android?

I've read that the Droid and Nexus can support it, but i can't find whether it's actually been implemented or "activated".

There are some games coming out soon with opengl2.0 support like speedforge extreme and raging thunder 2 - but i can't tell if motion blur etc is just for the iphone version, or android too. We'll never see iphone quality games on android if opengl2.0 doesn't get implemented or demo'd soon!

Advertisement

2. spottyelephant

spottyelephant Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2009
  3. i don't get why everyone these days seem to equate improved graphics for an improved game

i also don't get why everyone these days seem to think 3d means better graphics than 2d

4. mrmojoz

mrmojoz Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2010
    It doesn't matter which game is more fun to play, only which is easier to sell. And it is easier to sell 3D than 2D to certain groups of people.

5. which is exactly what i was saying - i'm not blaming game companies for responding to markets, i'm blaming the "certain groups of people" you mentioned who create those markets

6. HadouGhost

HadouGhost Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2010
    raging thunder 2 works fine on the behold 2. i definately think that its open gl 2

question: what phones support or will support multi touch? will the behold 2 support multi touch if it gets 2.1?