1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Opening Apps from Untrusted Sources

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Mike8414, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Mike8414

Mike8414 Newbie
    None

Mar 6, 2011
    Okay, I searched the posts...all are more than a year old, so here's the deal. I download DocumentsToGo from the app market. After a while I decided to buy the full version. Had trouble with the developer's web page on my Atrix, so I used my computer and paid for the unlock code. Unlock code was sent to me as a file--an attachment to an email. Which I now can't open on my phone since it came from an untrusted source. The developer isn't much help--I explained the problem and they responded by sending me another email with another attachment--which I can't open. Any help?

Advertisement

2. WolfmanRobby

WolfmanRobby Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 7, 2010
    Male
    Systems Admin.
    Atlanta, GA
    Google - "Sideload Wonder Machine" from Android central. Find the version for your PC operating system (Windows, Mac or Linux).

The page there will give you the link to download the right tool, and give you instructions on how to enable Debug mode and "Sideload" this onto your phone without having to Root it.

3. captaincanada84

captaincanada84 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 28, 2010
    Sales Associate
    Asheville, NC
    Your choices are either to root your phone, which enables sideloading...or use the Sideload Wonder Machine that was mentioned above me. AT&T has the Atrix locked down from installing non-market apps.