1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Opening default email--please help!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ktk66, Jan 11, 2012.

1. ktk66

ktk66 Lurker
    None

Jan 11, 2012
    This is driving me crazy, as well as a friend of mine who also has an EVO 4G.

I am using the standard mail app on the Evo. Microsoft Outlook "Exchage Active Sync" is set up as my default email account (I've just double checked this to be sure). But sometimes (and maddeningly most times) when I open the mail app, it takes me to my Gmail account instead, and I have to select my Outlook account from the drop down list to get to it. I want it to automatically open to Outlook every time I open the mail app, and then let me switch to Gmail if I want to. How can I do this? It seems like it should be so simple, but I can't figure it out! Thanks!

Advertisement

2. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>}
    None

Jan 31, 2011
    Male
    Entrepreneur / Business Owner - Freelance Writer
    Loganville, GA
    I'm not sure why it would do that. I just change my default email (gmail) to my Yahoo mail and when I open my mail app, it opens up my yahoo mail. You should clear the data on the mail app in settings - applications - all. This will remove all accounts credentials (username & password) sign back into your accounts. Then choose which email you want as your default. I hope this will fix the problem. Good luck. ;)

Tags: