1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

opening pdf files in email

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rove75, May 16, 2011.

1. rove75

rove75 Well-Known Member

Im new to android so maybe its just me but I cant seem to open a pdf file unless its saved to the sd card first. Am I doing something wrong?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. cwa777

cwa777 Newbie

I'm having the same exact issue. I end up deleting the files later on my SD card. This has not happened on my other android phones, so not sure. Although this is my first Samsung and I am loving it!

3. potterdood

potterdood Android Enthusiast

I've noticed a few things, in the settings in the email there isn't an option to allow certain sized emails to be sent or received. And I can't open pdf's either...so when I go to report something for droid-life, it won't let me bc it says the file is too big and it's just a damn picture!

4. jhrIII

jhrIII Newbie

5. cwa777

cwa777 Newbie

I was referring to opening attachments in email. For instance, I get a ton of pdf attachments from my work email, and overtime I try to view them, they automatically get saved to my sd card. Must be a setting to somewhere to view vs save to sd I would think?

6. hockeymn25

hockeymn25 Lurker

I would like help with this as well. any solution or do i always have to go to sd card to see files in emails?

7. potterdood

potterdood Android Enthusiast

everyone with this phone is having this issue, lol, and I've actually seen a few of the Charge's returned for thunderbolts bc they need the pdf's to open instead of having to save them 1st, my Incredible is a better phone than the Charge, but when I returned my Charge I missed it, but the email thing kinda pisses me off and the middle of the night full charge notification, I have another app and it does it too, so i get 2 "DROOIIDS" in the middle of the night, ugh!

Samsung Droid Charge Forum

The Samsung Droid Charge release date was May 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1600mAh battery.

May 2011
Release Date
Reviews