• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Opera Mini for Android Challenge

DynaBass139

Nov 5, 2008
So i am a hue opera mini fan and I found this the other day that was built really early for android. It was compliled under an earlier sdk and needs to be compliled in the new sdk. Can some one compile this properly and send to my email address and post for others to enjoy. I figure it will be easy for someone that knows what they are doing.

Also the back button is just not mapped on the device. So if you can fix that. Big kudos.

I'm sure everyone is interested in opera for android just to see if it works better or up to par wth the current browser.

thanks to whoever helps me out with this. If its not possible just let me know.

Opera is great, and fast!, But remember it is NOT SECURE.
Opera does it's speed thing by re routing through Opera servers and parsing graphics, and re displaying smaller in some cases, So.... Everything you do...Banking etc.... Is totally visible to anyone at Opera, or anyone who has access to the server there...read bad guys....

Upvote 0
I would personally still like to see it done. 98% of my web browsing I could care less if someone knew what I was looking at its more for information like news site, game site, not really for mobile banking, I'll stick to my comp for that. I've done it very rarely on a mobile device. But I would love to see how the opera browser runs on 3g speed and touch control cause I think it would just kill just about any device.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones