1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Opinions about this phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by travioso, Dec 23, 2011.

1. travioso

travioso Android Expert

Considering getting this phone as a gift for someone.. It will be their first Android.. So I have a few questions.. Is this phone easily brickable? (or better yet unbrickable lol) Are yeah happy with it (pro's and con's).. Like i said first android(mine was an ascend, totally happy with it flashing and all that) but they've been seeing my beast called the Esteem lately lol.. Their not too technically inclined so I'll be doing most of the work on it.. I really don't see the sense in getting the wildfire (no htc sense pun intended :p) when it has a slower processor and i'm thinking you just pay for the name.. i realize google is my friend but i'm runnin low on time to make this decision.. Thanks for anyone that gives me any insight on this..

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. SpawnHyuuga

SpawnHyuuga Well-Known Member

Unless they really need the power to game or run many apps, (Judging by your description), I would think the Admire is a suitable enough phone, otherwise if they want the better things out there the Esteem is a better choice.

3. Tokenpoke

Tokenpoke Android Expert

I also had an ascend, and the admire is much nicer, despite the lack of roms its good for the less technology inclined.
    I play simple games and stream over wifi on a daily basis too.

4. grvthang

grvthang Android Enthusiast

I'm thinking of getting one for my girlfriend. She's not one to want to root or tinker with roms. She doesn't want a more expensive phone (like the metropcs HTC phone) because she's afraid of dropping it, breaking it, or losing it.

She currently has a Freedom II, but she's familiar with Android bc I gave her my old HTC Eris to use as a WiFi-only device.

As long as she can install and run a few games, get her email, and browse the web a bit, she'll be happy - I know metropcs doesn't have the greatest network, but she's in NYC 95% of the time, where coverage is decent.

So, in short - without root, is it decent?

Samsung Admire Forum

The Samsung Admire release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 3MP camera, GB RAM, processor, and 1600mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews