• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Opinions on privacy screen protectors?

Stannis the Mannis

Rapscallion
Feb 16, 2013
Australia
So I'm interested in buying some of these, I catch public transport and there's always some sneaky rascal that takes a peek, I prefer people not look at my phone because a lot of the time I'm using email or messaging as well as G+ etc. Of course I can't control who looks but from the videos I've seen these screen protectors seem to work really well. Also are they like the matte ones where they don't leave finger prints? Cheers.

They are mostly all darker - at least the ones I saw and used. But the real trick is they are polarized. So only looking directly at the screen from in front will allow you to see the screen. Side or above you see nothing. The viewing angle is very narrowed, so that you even have to be almost directly in front to see the screen. Which is another reason I left it on my laptop all the time. Just so that I was used to it.

I ASSUME the phone screens work the same way.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones